Orchid Ideas?

Decorating By jg556a Updated 10 Jun 2005 , 1:14pm by SadEyes

jg556a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jg556a Posted 26 May 2005 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 10

Once again, I need some ideas. My sister wants me to make a 6 in round in 2 days. She wants an orchid on it and to say happy birthday. I'm not really sure what an orchid looks like. I did a search on google, i found one pic i might be able to use, but i need help!! Any ideas would be much appreciated. THANK YOU!!

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 10

Here are some pics and instructions...

http://www.fmmsugarcraft.com/pdf/Project16.pdf

If you have any trouble opening, read here...

http://www.fmmsugarcraft.com/pages/worksheets

jg556a Posted 27 May 2005 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for the help, but no matter what i did, all i got was a blank adobe screen. Thank you anyway!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 May 2005 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 10

Hi when you did the Google search, did you look in Images? I just went there and there are lots of orchids to see, especially since you said you don't know what they look like.

Here are a couple of pictures I found that might work for you. Janice
LL
LL

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 May 2005 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg556a

Thanks for the help, but no matter what i did, all i got was a blank adobe screen. Thank you anyway!!!

It does that while the page is loading. May just need more time to load.

jg556a Posted 27 May 2005 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 10

Janice, Thanks for the tips & pics.
Lisa, I will try waiting longer, but if it doesn't work i have a pic to fall back on. I'm going to try a BCT, this would be my first attempt, so here goes nothin icon_rolleyes.gif

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 27 May 2005 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 10

Hello, are you making the Orchid out of Gumpaste ? or are you just wanting to know how an Orchid FLower look like? I am n the process of making a LOT of Orchids out of Gumpaste for my entry for the California State Fair Cake Show in August. I am making different sizes, but mostly white with a hint of Pastel colors in the "throat" using chalk. I would be more than happy to give you tips if you're interested. Thank you for your time
E Moore

SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 9 Jun 2005 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 10

Eve

I would really appreciate any help you can provide on making orchids from gum paste. my email address is [email protected] and I have a wedding cake on which I would like to put some of those very orlchids - think they are called cymbidiums. the cake is for July 9th so i don't have that much time.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 3:12am
post #9 of 10

I just did my wedding cake with about 10 orchids on it. I made these from fondant and they took about three days to dry out enough. I used the directions in the Wilton book on making GumPaste Flowers and the cutting tools they have for this.

Here's a picture of the cake:
LL

SadEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SadEyes Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 1:14pm
post #10 of 10

thank you - will give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%