Cake Dividers???

Decorating By del41 Updated 9 Jul 2006 , 3:51am by Granpam

del41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
del41 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:57am
post #1 of 5

Hello,
I am new to posting forum so I do hope someone does see this and I get some replies. My question is I am going to be baking a cake for a baby shower. Both are expecting girls. One of the girls would like Vanilla cake and the other would like chocolate. I am planning on baking one cake, does anyone happen to know how I can bake one side of the cake Vanilla and the other side Chocolate....would their be some sort of pan which has a separator in the middle?

Any help would be most appreciated! icon_wink.gif

4 replies
dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:02am
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure about a pan divider. I usually bake separate cakes & "butt" them using icing. HTH
You'll soon become addicted to this site.

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:16am
post #3 of 5

You can pour the batters into the pan at the same time from opposite ends and let the batter meet in the middle. That's how I make half and half cakes...it doesn't always come out with a perfectly straight line, but it's always close.

I've seen pan dividers though too...I know one of my saved websites has it in their store; I'll check to see which one and get back to ya!

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:33am
post #4 of 5

Ok, found it. Sugarcraft sells the dividers--they call them batter separators. Here's the link: http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/pans/pans.htm, but note that it says they only work in straight-edged pans which means if you're using a Wilton pan, most likely the separator won't work very well because the Wilton pans have a slight angle to their edges. I've never used one of these dividers, so I can't say that for certain, but that would be my assumption.

My suggestion, though...save your money and just pour the batters in at the same time. No one will care if they get a piece of cake towards the middle and it has a little of each flavor...they'll just think the person cutting the cake didn't get it cut right in half. icon_wink.gif

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 3:51am
post #5 of 5

I use a piece of cardboard I cut to fit my Wilton sheet pans that I have covered in Press and Seal. I put it in the middle then pour the batter into both sides at the same time. Then I pull the cardboard straight up and get equal sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%