Want To Share My Good News

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 26 May 2005 , 9:49pm by cakemommy

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 12

ok so today was the last day of school here. My 8 yr old who was in 2nd grade was in real danger of failing. He has ADHD and he tried really hard. Today we found out he did pass and will be a 3rd grader. I am soooo happy i wanted to share my great news.

Susan

11 replies
mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 12

SUSAN,

That is Wonderful news. As someone who works for a large school district, I see how children with ADHD can be shuffled off to "Enrichment Programs" because teachers get "frustrated." But it sounds like your son had some teachers who really worked with him! Give him a Hi 5 for me!

susanmm23 Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 12

Yes we have been very lucky the past 2 years. His teachers both have sons who have ADHD. So they know personally how hard it is for them to do certain things. We were also lucky that i personlly knew the teachers because I went to school with their kids. Either way im excited for him..... we have a long summer ahead of us to try to keep him ready.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 12

thumbs_up.gif Great news. I am happy for you, and it must be such a weight off your shoulders. It looks like you need to clelebrate "Time for a cake" lol

susanmm23 Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 12

yeah im thinking of ideas now for this weekend. we aer taking them to the movies and out to lunch i want to make both boys a cake i have 2 in school its just my oldest has a harder time.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 12

boy, i remember those days. i also have a son with adhd. he's now a freshman in high school. he still struggles to keep his grades up, but he has a lot of support at the d.o.d. school that he attends. that is an accomplishment, passing to the next grade when you have adhd!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 12

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif that's wonderful!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 12

That is wonderful news!! I have I son with ADHD , he'll be 20 this year and we through quite a few trials in school with him .......The fact is that is he SO smart but it just takes alot more effort and the right teachers can make all the difference!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 12

This is terrific news, good for your son and your family. You all definitely deserve a celebration, and a cake or two! Janice

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:19pm
post #10 of 12

As the parent of a second grader who has ADHD and Asberger's Syndrome I can understand how thrilled you are! Congrats to your son!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 12

That's great! thumbs_up.gif You must have an incredible amount of patience and understanding! A victory for you both.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:49pm
post #12 of 12

Fabulous news!!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%