Editable Ink Tanks

Decorating By iris711 Updated 13 Apr 2014 , 10:46am by ALORI45

iris711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris711 Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:55am
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone, I read Lisa's article for editable images and took her advise to save money on printers. I purchased a canon pixma MP 600, then I bought the editable ink tanks from www.Kopykake.com. As per their printer/cross-reference pdf file the ink for my printer is 4000-set, which is the 5 cartridge system (2 black, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 mayenta). There is a note on the printer/cross-reference that says that the editable ink tanks for this printer does not come with the mircochips, therefore to remove them from the original ink tanks and place them on the editable ones. The problem is that the editable ink tanks does not have a place to put them on. They slide right off. Does anyone have a printer like this? where should I get the editable inks from? icon_cry.gif I hope someone can advise me what to do. Thanks

11 replies
Ladyfett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfett Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:00am
post #2 of 12

I think I have the same series as ink tanks as you (mine is a canon ip pixma 4200). If its the same as mine, there is a place that lists fix chips and and arrow pointing down. It has little plastic portion that hangs out like a hook almost the chip sits on. If you still have problems, call kopykake. The tech guy there was really great and was able to help me with my issues.

iris711 Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:16am
post #3 of 12

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if they use the same ink, but I will take your advise and call them tomorrow. thumbs_up.gif

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 30 May 2007 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 12

I just bought the mp600 also. When I went to kopykake they told me I have to use ink set IP42SET-5
If you go here it tells you http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

I thought I needed the 4000 set also but when I called she said no. They just don't list the set we need online we have to order over the phone. The chips do fit on mine.

iris711 Posted 30 May 2007 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 12

Ok Agagnier, thanks I didn't know that I had to order it by phone. I ordered it online, and thought that was the correct one. Did you have to replace the microchips to the editable ink?

iris711 Posted 30 May 2007 , 7:15pm
post #6 of 12

Thank you Angelina. I called kopykake and yes, I did order the wrong inks. I'm returning them and they will ship the correct ones. Thanks to everyone that answered this forum. Great tool! thumbs_up.gif

agagnier Posted 30 May 2007 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 12

Sorry it took me so long to get back. But yes you do have to take the chips off the tanks that came with the printer and put them on the edible ones.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 7:29am
post #8 of 12

What about the MP 160? Can I purchase ink for that printer? I see they have ink for the MP 130, will that work?

agagnier Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 12

No, If you note at the bottom of this page it says "if your printer number is not on this page then we do not have edible ink tanks for it at this time"

http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

sorry icon_cry.gif

ALORI45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALORI45 Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 12:54am
post #10 of 12

ADoes anyone know anything about cannon editable printer 5422 I'm trying to buy one and not sure best to buy,please help. :D:-)

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 2:44am
post #11 of 12

Hi, that printer model number is compatible with our edible inks. You are fine!

ALORI45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALORI45 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 10:46am
post #12 of 12

AThanks so much looking forward to getting them. Excited

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%