Help - Color Scheme For 50Th Wedding Anniversary Cake

Decorating By LadyMac Updated 30 May 2007 , 3:52am by LadyMac

LadyMac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMac Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #1 of 6

Hello,

I am new here. I have been asked to do a slab cake for a 50th wedding anniversary for June 14th. Any ideas for color scheme? Actually any ideas for a slab cake period? I am not real great at Roses. Any help would be appreciated so much.......

Lori.....

5 replies
momthreekiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momthreekiddos Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:48am
post #2 of 6

50th anniversary is the GOLDEN anniversary....so my first thought would be.....Gold! There are TONS of cakes in the gallery. Take a look there for some inspiration! Good Luck!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

The 50th anniversary is the golden anniversary. I've done many of these cakes and they always request the same thing, my golden shimmer cakes. I make buttercream roses and dry dust them with gold lustre dust. If you're not good at roses you can either A) do the whole cake with them and you'll be an expert in no time! icon_rolleyes.gif or B) pick another flower you do like and go with that instead. If you go to my pix you will see a wedding shower cake I did for someone recently using this technique (the golden shimmer cake) and they loved it. In that case the bride's colors were yellow and white.

Oh I just noticed you are brand spankin new here!! Welcome welcome welcome!!! icon_lol.gif

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 30 May 2007 , 2:49am
post #4 of 6

tiffany blue, ivory and gold touches?

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #5 of 6

I say gold!!!!! If you don't want to make flowers, get some silk and spray paint them with non toxic spray paint and arrange them then. Look in my pics, I did a sheet cake like that for a 50th.

WELCOME to CC. You will LOVE this place!! Glad you're here!!! thumbs_up.gif

LadyMac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMac Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:52am
post #6 of 6

You people are so amazing here! Soo friendly and helpful! I will definitely check out your cakes for some ideas!

Lori.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%