Fresh Flowers On A Cake?

Decorating By fabfour Updated 26 May 2005 , 6:27pm by Ladycake

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 26 May 2005 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 6

I know there is a website somewhere that will tell you what flowers you can and cannot use on a cake but for the life of me I can't find it. I just got an order for a wedding cake and they want to use fresh daisies for the topper but I said we will have to check and see. If we can't use fresh ones then I'm going to make them from fondant.
Thanks for any advice.

Missy

5 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 26 May 2005 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemomof3

I know there is a website somewhere that will tell you what flowers you can and cannot use on a cake but for the life of me I can't find it. I just got an order for a wedding cake and they want to use fresh daisies for the topper but I said we will have to check and see. If we can't use fresh ones then I'm going to make them from fondant.
Thanks for any advice.

Missy

I think this is what your looking for..

http://cakecentral.com/article18-List-of-Non-Toxic-Flowers-for-Garnishing-your-Cake.html

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 26 May 2005 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

I post that in my favorites Ladycake ... I was looking for that the other day also .. my sister is using Rubrum lilies on a cake .. I told her I knew I'd read somewhere they were not to be stuck straight into the cake as they could be poisionous ... she's going to work them up differently and in containers (I believe that's her plan) for her cake ... thanks again for pasting that link icon_smile.gif

Ladycake Posted 26 May 2005 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

I post that in my favorites Ladycake ... I was looking for that the other day also .. my sister is using Rubrum lilies on a cake .. I told her I knew I'd read somewhere they were not to be stuck straight into the cake as they could be poisionous ... she's going to work them up differently and in containers (I believe that's her plan) for her cake ... thanks again for pasting that link icon_smile.gif

Glad it helped someone...

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 26 May 2005 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much, that was just what I was looking for!
Missy

Ladycake Posted 26 May 2005 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemomof3

Thanks so much, that was just what I was looking for!
Missy

Kinda thought it was glad to help you ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%