Fondant Bra

Decorating By maemae Updated 8 Jul 2006 , 3:36pm by mommymarilyn

maemae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maemae Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 11

Could you all share with me how to make the fondant bra/panty....how do you get the design...and what pattern do you use? Is it all freehand?

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 11

I believe most of the designs are made using impression molds like lace designs etc....Then they are laid ontop of small cake rounds made for breasts.I have a great picture of a lace bra that was made by a lady named tracy I think but could be wrong!! I'll post it!!
LL

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 1:57am
post #3 of 11

Hi Maemae! I didn't see the post until I had already answered on the other post! Here's my directions:

I didn't really have directions when I made mine, I just looked at pictures of some of the ones on here and winged it! I cut out 2 round circles of fondant, and then cut a "straight" piece off the top, for the top of the bra cup. Then I used a lace mold to get the lace effect on the top, but I have seen some that just had cornelli lace piped on them, and they were cute too. Then I placed them on the outside of the mini Wonder mold pan (covered the protusions on the pan with waxed paper first, to keep the fondant from sticking) and let them sit for a day or 2. Placed the molded cups on the cake, cut out the straps and laid them on the cake. I also used a little piece to connect the cups. Voila! That was it! (I didn't make the panty, but if I did, I probably would have just cut it out, used cornelli or lace mold accents, and let it harden on an up-side down pan as well). I can't wait to see yours. be sure to post some pics for us - Good luck!

Marilyn

maemae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maemae Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 11

Oh yeah! I've seen this cake...absolutely adorable...and exactly what i'd like to make...just don't quiet get how you get it so "round"....

mommymarilyn Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 11

To get the shape, I used the mini-wonder mold pan, turn it upside down, taped wax paper to the "bumps" and laid the cups on top for a day or so. The bra then had the realistic rounded shape to the cups! Hope this helps - Good luck!
LL

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 11

Can you explain how can I get to your photo gallery?
TIA

mommymarilyn Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 11

Sure! At the bottom of everyone's posts is a list of "buttons" - Profile, PM, Photos, Website, etc. Just press the one marked "photos". It brings up thumbnail or small pcitures of all the cake pics that particular person has uploaded - you just scroll through them until you find one you want to look at and click on it to open the full-size picture.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks! Just went there and I'm amazed at your gorgeous cakes!

mommymarilyn Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you Omicake! How sweet of you to say that!

Dorthy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dorthy Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 5:16am
post #10 of 11

i personally prefere to carve any female body parts . The mini wonder pan did not look good, i reccomend carving. thumbs_up.gif

mommymarilyn Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 3:36pm
post #11 of 11

Hi Dorothy! Actually the cake that we were talking about doesn't have any body parts - it is just simply the bra. So there wouldn't be anything to carve at all! The mini-wonder mold pan is used for the fondant circle (the bra cups) to dry on so that they have a rounded shape. A mini-ball pan would work just as well I think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%