It's Baking The Wedding Cake Day

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 26 May 2005 , 3:54pm by m0use

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 26 May 2005 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 7

Well, today is bake the wedding cake day ... I just wanted to say that I tried the flower nail as a heat core in my first 14" layer cake I baked and it seemed to work really well.. I think it may have even helped to keep the cake from rounding too much in the middle too ... I have it cooling now and once cooled, I will turn it out onto the board I have ready for it .. I guess it's ok to leave it in the pan that way .. I have with other cakes I've baked .. This is my first time using my contour pans .. I hope all turns out well.. this cake is so simple, it's making me nervous because I feel like everything is just going too smoothly.. LOL

I hope to have all the cakes baked, all with icing and smoothed out today ... tomorrow I will rest some and then on Saturday morning, it's off to set the cake up... my sister, who also decorates cakes, has a wedding cake to do on the same day as mine.. we're going to set mine up first, then go back to her house, pick up her cakes and go set hers up .. it will be a busy Saturday!!! Wish me luck and say a prayer that nothing goes wrong!! Dunno what I'd do w/o this place!!!

6 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 7

Hope things go well for you...and we look forward to see your pics!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 7

Good luck and can't wait to see your pics!

ntertayneme Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks m0use icon_smile.gif I'll be sure to post a pic of it...

btw, the 14" layer turned out of the pan well.. I was a bit nervous about it.. I made my own cake release and used it for the first time .. the flower nail came right out .. worked beautifully!!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

wooh ooo!!! i cant wait to see it! good luck! i know you will do great!!

so, you put your flower nail in the pan, middle then pour the batter right over that right? I havent tried the flower nail yet..

GOod luck!! thumbs_up.gif

ntertayneme Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 7

yup.. I sure did Ute.. worked like a charm too .. I just used the cake release I made on the flower nail.. coated it and the pan really well.. I put the flower nail in the pan then poured the batter in the pan.. I just flipped the cake out on the board and everything came out just fine .. the flower nail slipped right out .. there is only a small indentation and the very small hole in the cake from the flower nail ... will be so easy to cover ..

thanks peacockplace and Ute.. I'll be sure to post a picture of the cake on here for all to see !! thanks again for all your support.. it's greatly needed and appreciated!! LOL

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 7

Cool, glad to hear that it worked for you. I know I like having only a tiny hole in the middle of the cake that you don't really have to worry about, then have to worry about filling in the big hole and hope that the plug of cake that you put in stays icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%