Baking And Filling Cakes

Decorating By kirin1 Updated 29 May 2007 , 10:53pm by leily

kirin1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirin1 Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake for june 2,07 how far ahead can I start to bake the cakes ,I have a extra ref. to keep them in. ?

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 5

Baked, iced and decorated my daughter's shower cake on Thursday for a Sat shower....tasted great. I even had a leftover piece the following wednesday .... 7 days later ..... and it was still great.

kirin1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirin1 Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 5

that would sure help. I am putting a filling in each cake so I thought each one should be kept in the ref. This makes doing such a big cake easier
I am doing a 14,12,10,8,6 inch with filling of Rasberry.
this is going to be a stacked cake and I thought I would take each level to the hall and then put it together . Does this seem right?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 5

I always assemble on-site. I never transport a cake assembled in any way. So it sounds ok to me!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 5

I start baking and making my icing up to 7 days before the cake is due. I let cool for about an hour after out of the pan and then wrap in plastic wrap and set on a pan inthe freezer until hard. Take out about 30 mins before I'm ready to ice then i'm good to go.

I start my icing while my cakes are baking or the day after and let it sit for a couple days if I need to. Otherwise if it is a smaller cake I just make the day of.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%