Cream Filling

Baking By tirby Updated 2 Jun 2007 , 1:41am by tirby

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 29 May 2007 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 13

I need a good BASIC cream filling. One that could be turned into orange or lemon or raspberry.... ect. Does anyone have one they use for most cakes.

12 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 30 May 2007 , 12:28am
post #2 of 13

can it be a mousse? i just take heavy whipping cream and whip up, put in some stabelizer and add whatever flavor I need, van puddind, choc, loraine oiles, extracts...

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 30 May 2007 , 12:37am
post #3 of 13

how about dream whip? i'll bet you could add any flavor to it

tirby Posted 30 May 2007 , 4:03am
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florimbio

can it be a mousse? i just take heavy whipping cream and whip up, put in some stabelizer and add whatever flavor I need, van puddind, choc, loraine oiles, extracts...

So to make this strawberry or ?? what would I add to it?

ryansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmama Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 13

Here is a great Strawberry mousse filling recipe:
1 pint heavy cream
1 4 oz box vanilla instant pudding (or white chocolate) instant pudding
1 can strawberry filling (like Solo brand)

in mixer, beat pudding mix and heavy cream until thick. add your strawberry (or i just tried rasberry too and was really good) filling and stir until combined. Also what i do is open another can of strawberry filling and spread a thin layer onto cake before I cover it with the strawberry mousse..just adds more great flavor and everyone seems to love it. This will be enough for a 14" round at least, i've also used it for a 1/2 sheet..depends on what size cake you want and how high you want filling. The original recipe I had used a quart of heavy cream with same size pudding and fruit filling. this was really good as well, no difference really I think it may just be alot thicker consistently with using the pint. I use a pint now because the quart makes too much for what I need...but then again you could also eat the leftover! I want to try this in stuffed french toast!!

tirby Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 13

OH YUMMMMMM.
Ok I need to find SOMEONE to eat all this

jackiepf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackiepf Posted 31 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 13

I use this receipe for all my fillings now. I even crush oreo's and mix it in the whipped cream....yum yum! icon_wink.gif Another 3 pounds gained! icon_evil.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 31 May 2007 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 13

the pint of cream and pudding mix is really yummy i like the cream and oreo pudding mix too

tirby Posted 31 May 2007 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiepf

I use this receipe for all my fillings now. I even crush oreo's and mix it in the whipped cream....yum yum! icon_wink.gif Another 3 pounds gained! icon_evil.gif

Which recipe are you refering to?

jackiepf Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 13

I was refering to the whipped cream. I take 1 pint of whipping cream, and 1 small box of vanilla pudding. I mix them together for about 2 minutes, or until thick, then I add the oreo cookies that I have processed in my food processor.

tirby Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 13

jackiepf So how long is that able to sit unrefrigerated?

1 hr
6 hr
24 hr?

jackiepf Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 1:09pm
post #12 of 13

I made the oreo cookie for an outside party, it sat outside for about 4 hours in the heat, no problem. Also, I mad a raspberry filling, using the whipped cream and vanilla pudding with raspberry's, and it too was an outside birthday party, and also did really well. That party was only about 2 hours.

tirby Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:41am
post #13 of 13

great this one is going in the recipe books! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%