Feeding 60 People-Baby Shower

Decorating By dragonwarlord1969 Updated 29 May 2005 , 3:57pm by awela

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:48am
post #1 of 6

Hello!

I'm doing a baby shower cake for my cousin and my aunt said about 60 people are coming. How big of a cake should I make? It's a Noah's Ark theme and she gave me a paper plate to duplicate on the cake. I'm having a brain freeze right now, is there a chart online that tells what size cake to make for xx number of people?

thanks,
Joe

5 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 May 2005 , 9:57am
post #2 of 6

There's one at www.earlenescakes.com and I think baking911.com has one as well. Wilton has one, but seems to not be as accurate as the others. Janice

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 26 May 2005 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 6

If you are planning on doing a sheet cake, the wilton 12x18 pan would probably work good. icon_razz.gif
traci

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 26 May 2005 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 6

There is a chart on ladycakes.com too.

Melissaicon_smile.gif

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 26 May 2005 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

icon_wink.gif you could probably also try the 11x15 sheet pan size and make two layers too.

Good Luck.......

icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

Serving portions depend upon several factors, who is cutting the cake and if the cake will be served as desert or just the classic wedding cake portion. Have in mind that six cups of batter serves about 19-20 people. I always follow these servings char, it works for me and never had anybody complaining about being short of cake, Some pans do not serve exactly 60 portions but I rather to be on the safe side even if I give my customers a couple of extra portions (no big deal for me). For 60 servings I use the following pans: a 14" round, a 12" square, a 9x13 sheet, 7- 5/8 oval, 15" petal. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%