Cake Board Manners

Decorating By SquirrellyCakes Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 1:12am by mistygaildunn

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:39am
post #31 of 54

OOOPS...I forgot to say "Thank You" before ending my post!

THANK YOU to anyone I may have forgotten!

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:04am
post #32 of 54

First off I would like to appoligize to everyone if I have forgotten to thank them, so here goes THANK YOU. You have mentioned a good point sometimes we get busy and forget to thank the ones that have helped us along the way. It was never my intention to forget anyone. This site and the people on it have become part of my family. You have given my advise, encoragment, and just plain kindness.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:20am
post #33 of 54

I have to agree with you ladies. SquirrellyCakes you and Bunnywoman have answered some questions for me and I am forever greatful for that. Whenever I get an email I always try and respond back. It too erks me to see people being so pushy and not doing a simple search and posting a question over and over again. It takes a lot of work to answer those questions. I have lots of question and I totally appreciate everyone who has posted before and all those who have answered my questions.
Thanks,
Jenn

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:39am
post #34 of 54

Okay icon_redface.gif guilty as charged. I won't make any excuses. I have asked Q's and not resonded back icon_redface.gif The ONLY reason is, I already feel like I"m being a pest asking, "eeewww what pan is that? aahhh what tip did you use?, Cool could have recipe?" I just felt like I would be pestering again. I really am thankful for all the reponse!
I'm glad you said something, sometimes don't realize were doing something hurtful unless whacked on the knuckles with a ruler. (yeah I went to catholic school)
Again I'm sorry, and I also thank you for making those like me, who didn't mean to, but were disrespectful.[/u]

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:41am
post #35 of 54

I haven't been here very long, ,but I have to admit that I am overwhelming grateful you are here. I was frequenting another site, but found this one to be a more friendly environment . Whenever I posted to the other site, I seldom got answers for my questions.

I have to say though, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so getting my cake pics up is difficult to say the least. When I get my pictures made digitally I will post them. (Specially for the White on White Babyshower I have to do!)

But to sum it all up, I am so happy that you all are here! You are all so helpful and supportive! At least when I come here I know I am among friends icon_biggrin.gif

Krista

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 12:42pm
post #36 of 54

squirrelly, you are just amazing at helping others I for one am very greatful to those that have helped me, especially the wedding cake I did a while back, I never could of done it without my CC family. I know Jackie has to work really hard keeping up with this site and I have always been greatful to have such a wonderful place to call home. So for all those who have given me help and or just listen to me rant and rave THANK YOU very much I love you allicon_smile.gif

TickledPink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickledPink Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:39pm
post #37 of 54

I wanted to chime in here as a newbie on this board, although not to message boards.... My thoughts are that I really do appreciate every single post, directions, ideas, thoughts, horror story, etc because I really have learned a lot here and on other sites.

I do hope I have been appreciative but if I haven't said it lately, every single one of you ladies ROCK!

On the subject of giving detailed instructions, I say forgo the detailed instructions and tell people to buy a couple of books, start practising and then come back for advice but you can't learn teach someone everything. It's like trying to sew a dress, the pattern instructions are very detailed yet an experienced seamstress sometimes doesn't even need a pattern, the beginners need to follow every single baby step. (like me)

talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:16pm
post #38 of 54

I have learned so much from here. There is no way I would be making my creations if I hadn't found this site. I don't ask a lot of questions but I try to read as many posts as I can so I don't miss out on info. I am grateful for those that ask the questions and extremely grateful for the ones that answer them.

Thank you.

Terri

kmarsh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmarsh Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:58pm
post #39 of 54

I would like to say that as a newbie on this website and at cake decorating in general I was very blessed to find this website early on. I've had so many silly questions and you guys have been great to help me and be patient with me. I always try to thank people in advance just in case I'm actually in the middle of making a cake when I'm waiting on the reply or what not. If I haven't responded I can assure you it wasn't b/c I wasn't thankful. I truly appreciate all your time and energy in helping us fellow cake-decorators!! This is a great resource.

Very Sincerley and with Kindest Regards,
kmarsh

VickiG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiG Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:32pm
post #40 of 54

It isn't just this site. I used to be very active on a recipe site and I'd say it was probably less than 10% of the time that I received any reply or recognition. So I'm very glad to see this thread.... just so people think about it.

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:49pm
post #41 of 54

I just wanted to get my THANK YOU's out there too. With so many wonderful members here it is hard to mention everyone, but I have learned a tremendous amount from everyone here.

Generally whenever I request certain things, such as cake contract info, instructions, etc, I have been very appreciate to receive the information and in turn I have shared it with everyone who asks for it from me.

I just love this site and with the courage in my skills that I have gained from here, I am hoping to open my own shop soon. Actually, hubby and I talked about it a bit more last night. I told him that I would have to have a computer set up at the shop so I could keep it on this site for back up ideas, tips and help (just in case of a little crisis).

Again, thank you to everyone here! I have a whole new family here!
icon_wink.gifI feel so loved! icon_wink.gif

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:04am
post #42 of 54

SC I am glad you started this thread. And just in case I failed to thank anyone "THANKS ALL!" But there is something that I read often that bothers me a little. Some people posts feeling they are being a bother to others or a nusaince (I did not spell that right, anyhooo) too everyone that feels that way STOP! You are not being either! That is what everyone is here for. You've heard the old saying "Two heads are better that one." I would sure think that several thousand heads are a lot better! The only stupid question is one that is not ask.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:20am
post #43 of 54

Heehee, wow flashback, deja vu, is it the '70's again, haha. Haha, one of my cake pals commented on this thread and how I had started it. Haha, I thought, holy cow, I don't remember posting this within the last couple of days so I came on to read the thread. Haha, 2004 thread that was bumped up. Whew, now I feel better, thought I had really lost it, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:23am
post #44 of 54

Squirrelly,

I was just going through old posts and came across this. I thought you said it like a pro!!! Anyhow, sorry for the confusion LOL, nope you are not losing (this time anyways)

Thanks guys...

SugarCreations Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:28am
post #45 of 54

Sooooooooooooooo icon_redface.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:29am
post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleydog

Squirrelly,

I was just going through old posts and came across this. I thought you said it like a pro!!! Anyhow, sorry for the confusion LOL, nope you are not losing (this time anyways)

Thanks guys...

Heehee, that is a relief, at least this time, haha! I swear I didn't inhale! icon_wink.gif
Hugs Squirrelly

SugarCreations Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:30am
post #47 of 54

We believe you SC. I guess I am losing it.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:33am
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreations

We believe you SC. I guess I am losing it.

Haha, nah, Charleydog is messing with our minds, haha! Bad little doggie, no Kibbles and Bits for you tonight, haha!
Squirrelly Trapped in a Time Warp - Crimson and Clover, Over and Over...

charleydog Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:34am
post #49 of 54

Well guess that means I inhaled that time...better than kibble 'n bits!!! lol

icon_wink.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:36am
post #50 of 54

Were you hanging out with Clinton? icon_wink.gif
tapedshut.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:37am
post #51 of 54

I must say I have to agree with this thread. The way I see it, if a person can find the time to post requesting help they should find the time to thank those that took time out to find the information for them. It does not take anything to remember things like please, thank you and you're welcome. There are so many times I check the forums and I see people posting and forgetting to say thank you to those that helped them along the way.

In addition to forgetting our manners, we (speaking in general) will not always agree with what another person has to say. It's inevitable that at some point there will have disagreements every once in a while about how things should be done because we are all different. But I don't see any reason to be rude and dismissive to other members because they don't agree with your methods of doing things. Words like whatever, anywho and moving right along may seem quite harmless on the surface but in actuality can be perceived as being hostile and hurtful.

Let's remember the golden rule and do unto others as we would have Them done on to you.

Princess

P.S. And as I found out the hard way, don't attempt to joke with people that you dont know. What maybe funny to you may not be funny to them.

charleydog Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:37am
post #52 of 54

tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

~~~~edited to add: amen to that cake princess!!! no joking here...except for squirrelly, because sometimes it comes off differently then you mean it!!!

And yes manners should be common sense as well....

kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:51am
post #53 of 54

SqurrellyCakes, I am fairly new and really want to thank you and everyone else on this site. I try to look in on the site at least once a day, just to see what everyone else is doing. Everone is always so helpful here. Thanks for all the help. Kaecakes

mistygaildunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistygaildunn Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 1:12am
post #54 of 54

I am very appreciative of the information that I have learned on this site. Please forgive me if I've forgotten to say thanks, or haven't posted pictures of the requests. There are times that I see a cake and request the info because I think that it's really neat, and that I may want to use that in an upcoming event, and I was wondering how difficult it would be. Sometimes for family and friends when cutting them a deal you have to do the things that take the least amount of time. So a huge thank you to all of you who have helped me since I've started on this website, and thank you for posting this forum, as it's really made me think about how I always need to show my appreciation. This is an awesome site, and the professionals on here are well worth any praise that I can give. Keep up the good work and I'll try to do better on my end. Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%