Help With A Western Themed Baby Shower Cake!

Decorating By treys_girl04 Updated 8 Jul 2006 , 2:03am by Wendoger

treys_girl04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
treys_girl04 Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 11

the cake will be two stacked tiers, but im unsure on how to decorate it. i thought about a fondant baby sleeping under a cowboy hat for the topperr..but i dont know. its for a boy..any ideas?

10 replies
veronika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronika Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 11

You have a great idea there! Maybe add some fondant hay bales, a lasso rope, something like that? I think the baby under the cowboy hat would be the cutest thing ever! thumbs_up.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 11

Since you'll already be modelling fondant, I thought I'd show you a picture in a book I bought yesterday: The Sculpey Way with Polymer Clay by Anita Behnen et al. I spent the evening last night making fondant animals using this book and had a ball. They're so cute, and since there's 6 authors, the figures have a lot of variety.

Anyway, this is one of the cutest animals in the book and I thought maybe some of these horsies might look cute around the sides of your cake.

Deanna
LL

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 11

P.S. - They made their mane out of premade doll hair, but I plan to make mine out of fondant like the tail, and leave off the fabric bow.

Deanna

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 11

I think the baby under the hat is an adorable idea........maybe have a little naked baby with the cowboy hat hiding his little butt............that would be so adorable!!!! Nestled on a pile of hay.....maybe even a little red hankerchief clutched in his hands like a blankie.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 11

I think the baby under the hat is an adorable idea........maybe have a little naked baby with the cowboy hat hiding his little butt............that would be so adorable!!!! Nestled on a pile of hay.....maybe even a little red hankerchief clutched in his hands like a blankie.

jessireb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessireb Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 11

The hat idea is cute, you could also do a cowboy boot with a baby sticking out the top.

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 4:55pm
post #8 of 11

There are so many cute ways to do a bandana too.....maybe baby sleeping under a bandana blankie?

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 11

The topper sounds really cute. You can make a fondant wood fence going around the top tier and how about horse shoes going around the bottom tier.

lila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lila Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 11

Here is a picture of an Idea I saw this at http://www.cynthiascakes.com/page/qpi/More_Cakes/Baby_Shower.html and it was a western theme also. I hope it helps

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 2:03am
post #11 of 11

TooMuchCake....that horse is sooo cute! I really wanna see your finished product! Whatta cool book!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%