The Wedding Cake With The Glass Bud Vases

Decorating By cake-angel Updated 29 May 2007 , 3:41pm by BlairsMom

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 22

IS DONE!!! I finished it for my brother's wedding (May 19). It is posted in my photos but I will attach it here for those of you that wanted to see it.
It is my first ever wedding cake.

Also here is the link to my original posts about the vases and cake shape.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-191971-30-days0-orderasc-.html
LL

21 replies
nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 22

That is very beautiful. I love the idea on stacking the tiers. Really great.

Daryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daryn Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 22

I love the bud vases. They are very elegant. Overall, a super nice job! You must be very proud! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 22

WOW!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
I love what you did!!!!
I would like to know how to do this!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 22

it is fabulous! great job

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 22

great job.Love the whole vase idea.What about the couple ,how did they like it?I am sure they loved it .

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 22

Just beautiful! I'm actually more interested in how you did the rose detail on the cakes...the bottom tier is stunning.

cake-angel Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 22

I found a lace rose applique that I liked at the fabric store to use as a pattern for the piped roses. I ended up freezing the layer after it was iced and pressing the lace into it and removing to create an impression which I could pipe on. I also kept the lace piece near me so that I could refer to it if I ran into a spot that didn't imprint very well. After I piped the roses I let them crust overnight and then dusted the rose blooms with orchid pink lustre dust mixed with silk white pearl dust using a very soft fluffy type paint brush.

cake-angel Posted 27 May 2007 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilie

WOW!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
I love what you did!!!!
I would like to know how to do this!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I would be hapy to share with you! I am just not sure what you want to know as I saw your wedding cake photos and they are absolutely gorgeous!!!

cake-angel Posted 27 May 2007 , 7:18pm
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubia

great job.Love the whole vase idea.What about the couple ,how did they like it?I am sure they loved it .

Thankfully, My brother and his wife were very thrilled with the finished product. They even mentioned it in their speech and insisted that I stand up so everyone could see who made the cake and made the photographer take a picture with the three of us and the cake. I am still trying not to look at it too much because even though I was very happy with it -- I still see every "mistake". With most of my cakes I need to go back after a few weeks and look at the pictures in order to see it the way other people do.

BearLuvsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BearLuvsCakes Posted 27 May 2007 , 7:32pm
post #11 of 22

Absolutely beautiful! congratulations!

vande3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vande3boys Posted 27 May 2007 , 8:34pm
post #12 of 22

WOW!! it looks Amazing and you must have a very steady hand to do all that detail.

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 28 May 2007 , 12:45pm
post #13 of 22

I love it . Congratulations

cake-angel Posted 28 May 2007 , 10:30pm
post #14 of 22

Thank you! I don't know about a steady hand. I felt like I had to hold the bag with both hands to make my hand stop shaking!!! After a few though it got easier.

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 28 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #15 of 22

Thats so beautiful, your brother and his new wife must have been beaming with pride. You did a great job!

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 28 May 2007 , 10:58pm
post #16 of 22

beautiful cake !! I really like the bud vases as tier stands. The vases clear are very elegant or if you need to you could put flower petals, colored candy or a food safe items in the vase before stacking the final tier.
Your brother and new SIL must be very pleased with your work

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 28 May 2007 , 11:17pm
post #17 of 22

This cake is absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the piped roses on the side with the pink tint.

cake-angel Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:50am
post #18 of 22

Thank you!! I thought about filling the vases but decided that with my design I liked them clear. It was fun as I shipped my cake baking and decorating equiptment there before I caught the plane. When I got there I spent Thursday from 8am until 130 am at my brother's inlaws baking and from 8am until 2am friday finishing the baking and the decorating. Then I got up Saturday got my hair done, went from there to the inlaws to pick up the cake tiers and equiptment then to the hall, assembled most of the cake but had to wait to put the top half on because of the flowers not being there yet. Rushed from there to my brothers house to get myself and the children dressed up and rushed off to the church (where I had to do a reading for the ceremony) -- then to the formal pictures and then rushed from there back to the hall to place the flowers and add the glass beads into the arrangements. Managed to get it done about 10 minutes before people were allowed to enter the reception hall!! Phew!! All in all it was great but I think it will be easier making the one for my sister's wedding in August as I will be working in my own kitchen for that one!!

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #19 of 22

fist ever wedding cake?? wow - surely not the last after this! spectacular job to say the least!

ValH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValH Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:17pm
post #20 of 22

It's a beautiful cake, it's hard to believe it's your first wedding cake. It really is gorgeous, well done! icon_biggrin.gif

cake-angel Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:33pm
post #21 of 22

Thank you for the wonderful encouragement and kind words.

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #22 of 22

gorgeous cake!!! icon_eek.gif The roses piped on the side are beautiful, wow what a lot of work and it looks like it paid off wonderfully!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%