What Is The Worst Thing Your Dh Did To Your Cakes/cookies?

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 29 May 2007 , 4:51pm by kakesbyrobin

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 27 May 2007 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 14

Ok... I am going to start this thread in hopes of getting a good memorial day laugh going...

My niece was in a beauty pageant a couple weeks back and I spent all day making cookies designed like pageant stuff for her, icing and all.. even had the Letter A for one as her name is Amber... I put them on a pizza stone and put saran wrap over them... now in the real world one would think don't touch... but no... I went off to feed my newborn, come back and 3 of them are gone! 3 of the BEST ones mind you... WTH???? My DH knows if it is on a stick or in a fancy dressed up container, don't touch it, so what exactly made him touch them this day??? Needless to say, my niece didn't get cookies, I wasn't going to take only the ugly ones down icon_smile.gif

Here's to your stories icon_smile.gif and Happy Memorial Day

13 replies
Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 27 May 2007 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 14

Oh no I would have had to strangle him. My DH is good he doesn't like sweets so he stays away but I sometimes worry about his mom, who lives with us right now, coming in and picking up a few. To make sure she doesn't take the good one I put a few right by the coffee maker for her.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 27 May 2007 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 14

not my dh (he darn well better know better!), but my cousin once stuck a knife that she had cut a red velvet cake right into a container of white frosting i was going to use for a marble cake. oops! thumbsdown.gif

i was able to scrape most of the red out, but you could still see some on tiny bits of the cake.

Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 27 May 2007 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 14

My dh is the one who decorates the cakes so he would never touch them. The kids on the other hand ....lol

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 14

As of right now.... the cupcake incident last nite.

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 14

I was attending my first ever fair, an outdoor village fair but a good opportunity to showcase my cakes. I'd made several dummy cakes and also about 200 decorated cookies. They were extremely elaborately decorated with royal icing, things like wedding dresses with 'lace' and 'jewelery' piped on and painted. They were all packaged individually with little bows etc. I stacked them carefully in two boxes with bubble wrap inbetween each layer etc.

DH helped them into the car, knowing exactly what was in them. He stacked both open boxes on top of each other and then put one of the dummy cakes on top (!!!!!!!!!!!!) 150 of the cookies broke. I was sold out very quickly and lost approximately £75 ($150). I couldn't speak to him for about two hours. I was trying really hard to be kind and think that everyone makes mistakes, but I could have bloody throttled him.

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 28 May 2007 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 14

well my boyfriend (not married), he ALLWAYS get my kids to "steal" cake and cookies first, that way he can play innocent. I cant really get angry at the kids since I now he put them to it.
And cant really get angry at him either... He allways makes sure they take the one I dont need...

Just think they have more fun when they are standing with cocolate allover and pretending they havent taken any. It allways ends with us all sitting with milk and cake and me telling the the have to ask first anyway.

So fun for us all... icon_wink.gif

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 28 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 14

I had just finished a very intricate design...a replica (well FBCT) of DH's dad's Harley for his 50th BD cake. DH put it in the pickup on the floorboard and shut the door...only to have the door "pocket"--ya know, that hold's pens, maps, trash etc--smash into the box and the top of it collapsed on the cake mashing the motorcycle.

He felt horrible, I almost hypervenelated...did a quick patch up job, but it was never the same. Thank goodness it tasted good...and I took a before picture! Now I wish I had an 'after' picture.

Otherwise, he's just an icing freak...I can't count how many times I've opened the fridge to get out a certain color and the bowl is scraped clean! Aaaarrrrggghhh!

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 28 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 14

My husband knows better especially since "The Great Cake Incident of 2004" (I've erased almost all of it from memory...almost) icon_wink.gif My 2 1/2 year old twims are a different story. I don't think I've had a cake leave without some sort of repair due to their creative license in over a year. Bless their little hearts icon_rolleyes.gif

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 28 May 2007 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 14

my husband has never done anything to my cakes, he has made jokes about doing it (which ar soooooooooooooo not funny) but hasn't actually done anything.
one of my kids poked holes all over the butt of my cinderella cake, it was for my daughters birthday and he did it between the time i set them out and the first couple guests arrived so i didn't notice until it was already beyond repair. that is why there are no pictures of the back of the dress on cinderella. it was just family so they understood and ate their hole filled cake with out complaint.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 29 May 2007 , 4:57am
post #11 of 14

Well... My DH... Let's just say I have learned NEVER let him near ANY of my work regardless of which job it's for...

I had a chocolate showpiece from a class I took... He took it out to the car to take out to work... Well, he shut the trunk and off popped the globe on the top... He brought it inside to see if I could repair it... O.k. no problem, go to find a candle to provide a little heat to the chocolate... He put it on the top of the "Avalanche Zone" (aka our entry area that we only set stuff we really don't have any immediate attachment to that usually falls over every other time).. Well, you guessed it, Chocolate showpiece NO LONGER!

Since then, I ONLY allow him to take or move a cake if I'm absolutely desperate to the point of no return. Of course, he's like a bull in a china shop icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif so he still manages to not think before smooshing something...

christen9302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christen9302 Posted 29 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #12 of 14

I did a dinosaur cake one night and it had been finished for about 10 minutes when my husband (who was drinking beer and having "man talk" with one of his friends) stuck his elbow in the cake. If his friend hadn't been there, I swear I would have killed him. I managed to patch the repair, although it was still obvious to me. The cake was for a friend, so I told her the "elbow" story and tried to give her the cake for free, but when I got home, I found $25 in my purse. Now I am very mindful of where I rest my cake!!!!

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 29 May 2007 , 12:35pm
post #13 of 14

I've been taking the Wilton classes for three months and I take the bus, so my cakes go to work with me. I have to put on them "Do Not Cut" in order to keep them out.

I got my cake to my class in one piece and then took it home and cut a piece for my daughter and husband. The next day my daughter asks why she can't cut the cake.

I left the note on, and wouldn't you know they listened!

kakesbyrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbyrobin Posted 29 May 2007 , 4:51pm
post #14 of 14

About 20 yearsago icon_rolleyes.gif I had just started baking,and I had done about 10 dozen chocolate chip cookies for christmas,and I was sending them to my mothers house around the corner with my 10 year old sister,when my MOTHER who did NOT want my sister to drop them came and met her half way,and then proceeded to drop the ENTIRE container of cookies icon_redface.gif
Being christmas eve I had nothing left to make more cookies with icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%