Shopping Tips On Ebay...

Decorating By Samsgranny Updated 4 Jul 2006 , 5:46pm by Love-A-Lot

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 13

I am desperate to find some Pooh figures and haven't found them on the Disney Store in my town or online at Disney.com. Looks as if I will have to go to eBay which has what I am looking for. But help! I have no expericene at all with this and I am very nervous about shopping this way. Please send me your tips on what I should be careful of, what to check out when ordering from someone, etc. Does it matter if they are not in the US? Is it better to pay by PayPal (never used this before) or money order? Please help this newbie as I need this for my GD's B'day cake. Thanks so much!

12 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 13

I buy a lot from Ebay. It's better to pay with paypal because you have a protection for non-sending items. I got a refund from Paypal because someone didn't send the item I paid for. And when you buy from other countries, watch out for shipping charges, ask before bidding. I've found lots of bargains there!!! Have fun!!

hth

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 13

Ask about shipping charges first if they are not stated in the auction.Pay with Paypal..fast ,easy ,convenient.

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 13

Be sure to check the sellers feedback. This is a good way to find out if others have had problems with them, and what they did to rectify the situation. If they have 100% feedback, then chances are they are reputable.

Sherry

Samsgranny Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks so much, I'm off to shop!

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 1:00am
post #6 of 13

I pay with paypal all the time. It's faster and safer. Also, check to see if they have any neutrals in their feedback. They don't affect their overall feedback score, but it tells you that someone had some sort of problem with them.

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 1:56am
post #7 of 13

Have you looked for the figures at stores like Walmart? I found some in the toy department in the baby section. They are small and good for a cake.

HTH,
Cecilia

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 3:26am
post #8 of 13

bakeries sell the figures that they use to make their cakes. a friend bought some from our local grocery store and then had me make the cake.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 3:32am
post #9 of 13

CONGRATS SAMSGRANNY YOU ARE A FANATIC icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Samsgranny Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 4:54am
post #10 of 13

Thanks, darlin' I do appreciate it!

Love-A-Lot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love-A-Lot Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 5:03am
post #11 of 13

I have found the best thing to do is to check the feedback, not just the overall score either, actually read the other buyers comments. Also check shipping. Oh yeah and don't be afriad to browse through, just because the first thing you see is what you want you might be able to find it cheaper down the page. I bought my car among other things on ebay and was quite satisfied in the end. I also found this website if you are thinking of ordering online:
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/winnie/winnie.htm
Not sure if that is what you are looking for but the balloon thing is adorable.

Samsgranny Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 7:16am
post #12 of 13

Love-a-lot, thanks so much for the link. That pooh balloon IS adorable. I may have to rethink my whole cake now!

Love-A-Lot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love-A-Lot Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 5:46pm
post #13 of 13

No problem, I actually had the site saved for some other cake decorations and I thought hmmmm I wonder. And sure enough they have something-lol Let's us know how the cake comes out-best of luck with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%