Help !! Petal Cake Pan

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 27 May 2005 , 7:12am by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 6

I brought the petal cake pans about a couple months ago off e-bay. Have never used them before (didn't come with instructions).

I made the cake last night and this morning I tried to match them up. I tried putting them together top to bottom, bottom to bottom, top to top and neither way looks right.

My question is, which way do they match? icon_cry.gif I hope that I haven't confused you to much.

Thanks in advance for your help.

5 replies
kate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about the petal wedding cake pans? If you bake two of each size you should be able to put those two together to make a tier. I put the first one on a board or cardboard with the bottom down then put filling or buttercream on it, then take the second layer and put it on top side (the side you trim) down and that gives you a tier. I hope this is what you were asking icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Posted 25 May 2005 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 6

Hi kate,

It is the 9" petal pans for weddings. I tried what you said and they look like they are leaning in with the middle sticking out.

kate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate Posted 25 May 2005 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 6

Did you level them? I cut the tops off before I dump the cake out of the pan. Use a long serrated knife or take some dental floss and saw it back and forth across the top of the pan. This will give you a nice level cake. I might not be understanding your problem, sorry, guess I'm a visual person. The other thing might be your recipe, is the problem that the cake didn't rise properly? I've had that happen when I forgot to add something like eggs. Hope I'm some help icon_smile.gif

crylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crylynn Posted 26 May 2005 , 5:54am
post #5 of 6

Hi! If you are talking about the outside edges curving out, I admit that I sometimes take my kitchen sissors and trim the edge after I stack the layers. That way when I ice it I can hide the 'sometimes bulge'.

Just a thought.

stephanie214 Posted 27 May 2005 , 7:12am
post #6 of 6

Hi kate,

Sorry it took me so long to thank you and crylynn, but my internet provider had problems with their receivers or something so I couldn't access the web.

I took your advice and trimmed the tops and that helped alot. When I iced the cake, I put to much icing and the petal look didn't come out right so I just made it into a basketweave with flowers. I needed to practice my basketweave anyway. Will post so that you can see the results since you helped me with it.

Once again, my thanks to you and crylynn for responding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%