Where Do You Buy Your Cake Pans?

Decorating By shelain22 Updated 30 Jun 2014 , 1:25am by mario_1969

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 11:07am
post #1 of 11

I have the basic stuff, and several sizes of round pans, but Im looking onto expanding my suplies. I know I want an impression matt, and I dont really wnat any ofthe cheracter pans. I think I need some square pans ans sheet pans. The round pans I have are 10in, 9 in, 8in, and 6in. (What other pans do yall have that you jsut cant live without? What other suplies ? I have prity much everything you cna get at walmart, im looking for online stuff. Where can I find good deals online?
huggs
Val

10 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 11:18am
post #2 of 11

ebay of course

but be careful about S&H and bidding wars

gotten some real deals there, especially on discontinued pans

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 11:25am
post #3 of 11

I like Ebay too. I always price out the pans when
I see a listing and if it's wayyyy under at the last
minute, I'll bid. Just doesn't make sense to buy it
have it mailed for what you could get at home.
ALso, the cake sites have clearences and any
discount name brand stores.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 11:25am
post #4 of 11

You can google cake pans and be inundated with suppliers....I tend to stick to Candylandcrafts.com and Sugarcraft.com, because I bought from them frequently when I just did chocolate work. You can buy pan sets from them for reasonable prices. I've often spent hours comparing prices from many different suppliers, and decided not to do that anymore...I could be doing something more productive than trying to save 75 cents!
I've also used Fantes.com and Cooksdream.com.
I've done ebay, but like Doug said, you get caught up in a bidding war (and it's hard to find good shipping prices usually, IMO).

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 11

I like to use Kitchenkrafts to order my pans and anything else they have that I am looking for. They have really expanded their cake decorating items in the last 6-10 months to include a lot of the variety of brands.

They carry Magic Line pans and I have been very impressed with Magic Line pans, perfect square corners and they bake wonderfully for me. However I can only find Magic Line in square, round, and sheet. They do have some "inserts" that you can find, but I have only found them on ebay. The inserts give you the shaped cakes.

Kitchenkrafts can be a little bit more expensive on some items I order but I know they have great customer service.

Heath and Jackie have mentioned they will be adding Magic Line pans to their shop before the end of the summer and I look forward to doing business with them also.

On the shaped pans i found the hear,hex, petal set on ebay from a cake decorator who was selling off some of her inventory. She had taken really really good care of these pans and they still looked like new. I got a great deal on them for the price of one set, but beware of those shipping cost! they can add up fast. Don't just compare the price when you look at auctions (or any website for that matter) always add the price to the shipping to know what you are really paying.

HTH

Leily

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 11

I like buying my pans at Hobby Lobby or Michaels and use thier 40% off coupons.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 11

I get my 40-50% off coupon every week from ACMoore and Michaels and go buy something new. I got my sports ball pan at acmoore for 8.99 (not on sale) and everywhere else has them for 10.99 and 11.99! I was so excited! I've never resorted to buying pans online, I've been really satisfied with what my weekly coupons will get me.

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 11

im a good hour or so from the nearest large craft store, so If I used a cupon avery week, I would still loose money on gas bacause I rarely go to these places. I was hopeing there were some in corinth Ms where I will be takeing my class but theres not icon_sad.gif Oh well, I eyeballed a few on ebay, I really want a set that has a 4 1/2 inch pan in it. Thanks for the help! icon_razz.gif
huggs
Val

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 11

you should check the Internet to see if you have kitchen supply/retaurant supply stores in your area. most allow the general public to shop there (some don't), and you'll find all sort of neat stuff

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 3:19pm
post #10 of 11

I have all sizes of pans for wedding cakes. Square & round 16", 14", 12", 10", 8", 6". Plus a very large cross pan & book pan that my mom used like 60 years ago!

mario_1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mario_1969 Posted 30 Jun 2014 , 1:25am
post #11 of 11

in case your interested, 

Selling off Cake Decorating supplies etc...  due to health reasons...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CakeDecoratingStuffFORSALE/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%