Firehose

Decorating By SpudCake Updated 3 Jun 2007 , 9:05pm by SpudCake

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a man standing holding a firehose with water coming out of it and him trying to drink it. What I need is an idea of how to make it look like water coming out of the hose. I thought of maybe rock candy or something similar. Is there something I can make out of sugar myself or something lighter. I would use piping gel but I really want to make it 3D. Any ideas?

Joanne usaribbon.gif

6 replies
IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 7

You can try using blue Jolly Ranchers...I made the water for my fire dept cake with it.

Crush them, put them on a silpat and then stick the tray in the oven..when the candy had melted I took it out of the oven and kind of moved it around with a toothpick to get the shape I wanted..I then picked it up when it was cool enough and shaped the end to hang from the opening of the fire hydrant..I don't know why you can't do that for the end of your hose.

SpudCake Posted 27 May 2007 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 7

Your cake looks great, I may have to try it. I actually need the water to be flowing o usaribbon.gif ut of the hose so it needs to be vertical. Any other ideas, I want this cake to be awesome in hopes of creating more business. Thanks.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

SpudCake Posted 31 May 2007 , 4:29am
post #4 of 7

My finished cake is the the gallery. The jolly rancher idea was great! Thanks to you IHATEFONDANT!

Joanne usaribbon.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 31 May 2007 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 7

What a clever idea IHATEFONDANT, and kudos to both of you for the way your water turned out. I had no idea you could do this with a jolly rancher!

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 7

What temperature should the oven be and how long should it be in the oven?

SpudCake Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 7

I think I just put it on 350 just to heat it quick. It melted within just a few minutes, I kept reheating them as I needed.

Joanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%