Fondant Flowers With Silver Dragees/sugar Pearls

Decorating By SweetBellina Updated 30 Jun 2006 , 9:10pm by SweetBellina

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 6

i made some flowers with dragees today and the occassion im making it for is 9 days away..where should i store it?in a refrigerator?please help!

5 replies
heatherlikesfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heatherlikesfood Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

I would probably keep them room temp in an air-tight container, something tupperwareish. I would be careful about refridgerating because of the possibility that the fondant might sweat. Anybody else??

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 6

I would not store them in air tight container..let them air dry, but cool and not humid and away from direct sun light..if they are colored, they will fade if direct sunlight or flourescent light hits them. Put it in the pantry, on parchment paper on a cooling rack. in five days, they should be very firm. Then once they are dry, then you can store them in air tight container, but not while they are still soft. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 6

I've always kept my fondant flowers in an airtight container and they are good for a while!

SweetBellina Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 6

that's what i am worried about,sweating..i was just practicing but the result was very satisfying that i decided to keep them for the cake..

SweetBellina Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 6

tnx guys! i'm so glad everyone here is very helpful especially for guys like me...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%