Tootsie Roll Roses....help!

Decorating By girltrapped Updated 30 Jun 2006 , 9:41am by petitesweet

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 6

I keep seing all these beautiful tootsie roll roses and I would love to practice them for my hubby's cake on Saturday! I can't find the directions anywhere on this site icon_cry.gif ....HELP! Anyone? icon_wink.gif Please? icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
klsrtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klsrtr Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 6

Hey I just posted a photo of tootsie roll roses. I put some instructions close to the bottom of the page PM me if you have anymore questions.

klsrtr

novice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novice Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 6

Go into the forums search function and type in tootsie roll roses and search for all terms, there were a couple threads on this in the last couple days.

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 6

Hi and Welcome to CC girltrapped! Not sure where they are on this sight, but I have done this with caramels. Just ran them through the pasta maker until thin, or a rolling pin. You'll have to soften them up and flatten them with your fingers first, then roll them out into an oval shape. Cut down the center the length of the oval and roll up. The cut end will be the bottom of the roses and the curved (rolled) edge will be the petals, just use your powdered sugar fingertips to form them the way you want. Good luck!
LL

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

those are pretty.. i just make mine just like i would with gumpaste or fondant.. same texture..

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:41am
post #6 of 6

thanks my 6 year old helped me with these. So Fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%