Surfboard With Design?

Decorating By CJBabycakes Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 7:27pm by SarahJane

CJBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CJBabycakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a retirment cake with a beach sceen. They have asked me to make a surf board with US Postal Service design (the blue & white Eagle) on the board. I was thinking of using MMF for the surfboard but I can't figure out how to put the design on the board. I want the surfboard and design to be flush/flat. Any suggestions or does anyone have a better idea? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you!

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 4

you could always do a fondant inlay..........make a pattern of the eagle design on paper.....cut it out of blue fondant........cover your surf board with the fondant...then using the same pattern....and cut out the eagle from the surf board fondant....take it out and replace it with the blue eagle.....you should be able to take a very small amount of water on your fingertip and smoothe the edges together making it almost impossible to tell that it is a separate piece of fondant.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 4

i haven't learned fondant yet, but the beach scene is easy.. here is a pic of one i did last week. frost the cake and press on crumbled vanilla wafers for the sand. the wave can either be cake or styrofoam covered in buttercream frosting. i like the idea of MMF for the surfboards... be sure and post a pic when you are done!
LL

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 4

You could get those food color pens and draw it on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%