How To Make This Cake??

Decorating By rdubrow Updated 24 May 2005 , 4:43pm by crp7

rdubrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdubrow Posted 23 May 2005 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 9

I found a picture for a baptism cake I need to do for the weekend, but I have no idea how they made everything. Any advice will help. Thanks.
LL

8 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 May 2005 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 9

That is a beautiful cake. The cross looks like it's cut from fondant and then surrounded by a bead border. The butterflies look like color flow and/or royal icing. You could make the markings on them with edible ink pens/markers. Looks like they used a flat tip or the smooth side of a basketweave tip to pipe the pink bottom border...either that or they used a long strip of pink fondant. Below that is another bead border. The garland is done with a ruffle tip (not sure which one). I think the leaves are done with the leaf tip that looks like a beak (352?). I can't tell about the white flowers (80?). I hope more help comes your way.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 May 2005 , 12:30am
post #3 of 9

If you get a basic Wilton cake decorating book, it will tell you how to do most of this...or even go to Wilton.com you can probably get a lot of photos and directions.

It definitely is a beautiful cake! Janice

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 24 May 2005 , 1:04am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdubrow

I found a picture for a baptism cake I need to do for the weekend, but I have no idea how they made everything. Any advice will help. Thanks.

Where did you get this photo??? is it a out of a Wilton book???

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 May 2005 , 1:30am
post #5 of 9

The cake is just beautiful .. I'm sure yours will come out equally as beautiful rdubrow icon_smile.gif

budhiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
budhiss Posted 24 May 2005 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 9

I agree this is a beautiful cake, and rdubrow I'm sure yours will turn out equally as beautiful. The only thing I don't understand is why a lower case G was used for God and Grace?

rdubrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdubrow Posted 24 May 2005 , 4:21pm
post #7 of 9

I found this picture at the website called Jacques Pastries.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 24 May 2005 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdubrow

I found this picture at the website called Jacques Pastries.

Well POOP that did not help I was hoping it was out of some book... LOL .. I guess your back to square one looking thought the Wilton books and doing it step by step that way..... I am sure its going to come out great how ever you do it...

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 24 May 2005 , 4:43pm
post #9 of 9

Hi,

When I looked at Jacques Pastry website I could get a little closer look.
It looks like the larger white daisy type flowers were made with the leaf tip also with a round dot flattened in the middle. I think the small white flowers are their take on lily of the valley. It looks like tip 80 or 81 was used to make a curve over the green stems.

Just remember, you do not have to make the cake an exact duplicate of the picture. Anything you do that is similar will look lovely and will have your own personal touch. That's what I keep telling myself when I start getting too critical of my cakes! LOL

Cindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%