I'm So Excited!!!

Decorating By lehall2006 Updated 19 Jul 2006 , 3:57pm by BakeQueen

lehall2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lehall2006 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 16

I brought in a cake to work yesterday to celebrate the success of a recent fundraising event. It was just a simple 8" round chocolate layer cake with bc and roses -- nothing fancy. I was amazed at how appreciative and kind my colleagues were! Two different people (men, no less!) asked if I had menus or pricing lists that I could email to them. I went home with a huge smile on my face. Then, this morning, I ran into another colleague in the elevator. The first thing he said to me was, "I still can't get over that cake from yesterday. I told my wife all about it, and we're definitely going to order from you." Yipeee!!!!!!!!! I'm just starting to share my cakes with people outside my family/close friends, so this kind of feedback makes me positively giddy. I know you guys understand. icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
malika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malika Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 16

How exciting!!! I can't wait to start sharing my cakes with family and friends, and eventually coworkers.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 16

Congrats!! I hope you get lots of orders!

morgiana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgiana Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 10:06am
post #4 of 16

Wow that's cool news! Fingers crossed for many orders!

Hema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hema Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 16

I know exactly how you feel cos I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I just completed 2 orders and I have one more to deliver next week. They are just for small dos, nonetheless, I was in cloud 9 too.

All the best to you! You will do good...

Reecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reecie Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 16

Great news!! I am excited for you. I hope you get lots and lots of orders!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 16

woohoo!!! happy for you!!!! you'll be busy!!!!

icon_smile.gif
Lorris

tommyandholly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tommyandholly Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 16

That is so great! Good for you, I know that was excititng! Yesterday, I was thinking about how to get my work out there, (when I get a little better- and I use that word better loosely.) Anyway, sometimes people will bring a box of donuts or something to church and put it on the coffee table. So to put like a cake or cupcakes for people to enjoy, and without seeming boastful, I thought I could get like a stamp or even those little rubber indiviual alphabet stamps from a craft store and put it on the box or where I know people can see it. Anyway, thought I would share an idea.

JCH4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCH4 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 16

Congrats! I know how that feels too. I made a few cakes for school events (I'm a teacher) and everyone was so OVERLY kind! They were so impressed with my decorations (which I wish were better, I'm my own worst critic) but even more so with the taste. I was actually embarrassed at my friend's shower because I got SO MANY compliments on my cake, it got to the point where I didn't know what else to say by Thank You So Much! The employees of the small restaurant actually seeked me out to tell me how good it was. They were suprised at how moist it was! Thanks Dunkin Hines! : ) So congrats again, I know the feeling you have right now. My tiny business for friends, family & collegues makes me feel like I'm on Cloud 9 too! GOOD LUCK! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

lehall2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lehall2006 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:22pm
post #10 of 16

Thank you all for your kind comments. CC is the BEST! Thought I'd let you know that I just got my first paid order at work, and it was a direct result of that freebie I brought in a couple of weeks ago. Yipeee!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 16

Great! That must be so encouraging. Hope you get lots more orders. Congrats!!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:29pm
post #12 of 16

You should be excited! It feels super good to have people compliment your efforts, doesn't it?

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:30pm
post #13 of 16

Good for you! A reminder for me that freebie's can be worth the effort. I am so happy for you!

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:35pm
post #14 of 16

You all need to get more self confidence!! Don't wait to share your cakes with people outside your family.

Tommyandholly your shower cake is beautiful, you should definitely get out there!

I know all about being your own worst critic, but you gotta remember the average person doesn't see your flaws and doesn't know the way things are "supposed" to look. They just see a pretty cake. I've been sharing with co-workers since the day I started, I brought my first cake to work. I dunno, I guess when I jump into something, I really jump in. Too impatient lol

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:41pm
post #15 of 16

I have to start brining in more cakes to my office. Cookies went well for me during Easter, and I now have one more, if not two, cookie orders for this month. I would like to sell more also, and since I need the practice on different techniques, bringing cakes to work will be my best advertisement (that and e-mailing pics to co-workers in other buildings).

deb

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 3:57pm
post #16 of 16

Congrats on the beginning of a awesome journey! I started the same way bringing in a freebie to work and church events. Word of my work has spread by word of mouth and I have people calling me out of the blue for orders. I now have the luxury to turn down orders due to scheduling conflicts. Your work truly speaks for itself! So, go ahead and step out on your work and watch it grow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%