Can You Paint On Foundant!

Decorating By rajinaren Updated 24 May 2007 , 1:31am by rajinaren

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all!
Just wanted to know did anybody paint on fondant/gumpaste and made A plaque out of it. I find printing edible image and sticking it on gumpaste/fondant and making a plaque is expensive. So wanted to paint my own dora and make a fondant plaque .Please help!

7 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 8

I've done small paintings on gumpaste/fondant - you can see what I mean in my photos - the Gator cakes. It's pretty easy, just make sure your gumpaste/fondant is mostly dry icon_smile.gif.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 8

Absolutely! I have a Flip Flop cake that I did extensive painting on in my gallery! I used Americolor gels, with a tiny bit of water and for colors other than white, I strated with white then added the color so it was not transparent.

dolcesunshine20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcesunshine20 Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

I've painted on fondant with both diluted food coloring and luster dust mixed with lemon extract. Go for it! =)

sweettart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettart Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 8

Of course you can paint on fondant. But DO NOT paint with water !! It's sticky and will harden the fondant extremely in that area. Mix gel colors with any clear liquor (i.e. gin, vodka, everclear) or even lemon juice. and paint to your hearts content. My fish cake is hand painted in my photos for an example. Good Luck!!

rajinaren Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 8

Thanx all....I am going to try painting on fondant! Good to know that it works and many of you have tried.

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:34am
post #7 of 8

I painted an entire two tier fondant cake. I copied one of Collette's. I showed it to her and she also signed the picture in the book. (Below). Go crazy with it and enjoy.
LL

rajinaren Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:31am
post #8 of 8

Beautiful its so pretty.....it gives me the confidence to try it! Thanks Fairytale

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%