How Far Will You Go To Get

Business By pieceofcake1 Updated 24 May 2007 , 12:04pm by MichelleM77

pieceofcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake1 Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 6

new business?? I am losing it for sure. My shop opens in June and I found out that a vet bought the building 2 doors down. So I thought hmmm what can I bake for him icon_lol.gif Well I just made my first batch of homemade doggie biscuits. I'll package them ever so nicely and hey maybe he'll place a standing order for 3000 doggie biscuits. It is still baking right icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 6

I think this is a great idea. We did it last year, and I wasn't to good because I wanted my kids (teenagers) to participate; but they didn't like the idea at all. But I guess it's great, mostly if you can sell the biucuits to the vet. Good Luck!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 24 May 2007 , 11:44am
post #3 of 6

Do you do cookies? I did some "doggie" cookies for my vet as a thank-you and it did generate some business from her. Dog bone, dog houses, cats, etc... maybe cute.

SweetChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChick Posted 24 May 2007 , 11:53am
post #4 of 6

Maybe it's because I am new or because I don't know what it's like to look at things from a business point of view but I think anything that would expand your realm of what you offer would be a great idea. Besides you could treat it as a welcome to the "neighborhood" If he was your neighbor at home wouldn't you bake him a cake or pie? Good Luck!!!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 24 May 2007 , 11:57am
post #5 of 6

I gave some of the dog shaped cookies to my vet. He has 4 vet techs and they all have kids so I got cake orders for them.

Have you joined a local business association? You can also get a list from the post office of people who have recently moved to your area and send them your info/cards/pics to let them know where their local cake shop is.

Good Luck!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:04pm
post #6 of 6

I think that's a great idea. Doggie biscuits won't take up much room in your shop and I'm sure they stay fresher longer than regular cookies, but then again I'm assuming. I'm doing a fundraiser this Tuesday with a group of 10 vendors and one of them only sells homemade doggie biscuits.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%