Which Lamb Cake Mold Is Used For The Chocolate Horse Cake?

Decorating By monster Updated 28 Jun 2006 , 11:46pm by monster

monster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monster Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 10

Which lamb cake mold is used for the chocolate horse cake in the Animals Gallery? I can find the mold used for a GREAT buck cake (with head facing forward) but cannot find the one that's looking over it's shoulder in the chocolate horse pictures. Can you tell me what it's called or where to find it??? Thanks!!!

9 replies
Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 10

Sorry I can't help you with the mold information, but here's a bump. icon_smile.gif

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 10

I thought I could help but the one in the old books looks forward. I saw the pan you are talking about at an estate sale for $1 and didn't grab it - yes I am kicking myself.....

Cakers84 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 10

Bump.....sorry this is the best I can offer.

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 10

First of all...what is a bump? Yes...I am a NEWBIE! Ebay has all types of pans if you haven't checked there!

Cakers84 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 10

A bump helps keep a new forum entry visible on the home page longer, everytime someone makes a reply. Hopefully then someone who can help sees it. Otherwise it is sent to the forum page. Welcome to C.C. icon_smile.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 10

I believe you are looking for the Stand up Lamb pan which Wilton sells for $11.99. You can see my lamb cake in my photos by clicking on the photo button at the bottom of my message. Hope this help!

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 10

I believe you are looking for this:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/bday/luckybirthdaywishes.cfm

(Just don't use the horn if you don't want a unicorn)

I did this for my horse cake in my photo's, it worked really well!

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 7:14pm
post #9 of 10

You want the 3D Lamb pan, I just used it to make a unicorn cake ( picture in my photos) you trim to make it work. You use the wilton instructions above although I never trimmed the inside ear off I just filled in the gap with a little piece of cake scrap from the other trimming. and I used some other cake scraps to make the legs be more 3D.

Hope this helps, this is a great and very versatile pan.

monster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monster Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 11:46pm
post #10 of 10

THANK YOU everyone for your replies - this is the first time I've EVER been in a forum, much less asked a question! Still trying to figure this computer stuff out! I thought maybe this was a separate pan but I can see that it's not; thank you for all the info and instructions! My niece wants a My Little Pony cake for her birthday in August and I think this will do nicely! What a surprise it will be for my sister!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%