Do People Use Pound Cake For Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By mnmmommy Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 9:19pm by cakesbyamym

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 5

I have been seeing this alot. Is that what you are supposed to use for a basic cake or do you use a yellow cake? I'm confused. icon_cry.gif Should I have a pound cake recipe to offer clients?

TIA,
Michelle

4 replies
rhondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondie Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 5

How does poundcake taste with buttercream anyway? Never tried it.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 5

I use a lot of pound cake for my wedding cakes. I also offer a yellow cake as well.

My recipe isn't super buttery and I offer a couple flavors, almond being most popular, so it works well. It holds weight really well, and has great structure for wedding cakes, so that's what I prefer to use.

I don't think that you have to offer pound cake, it's a matter of personal preference.

And pound cake, depending on the recipe, goes really well with all the same things yellow cake goes with.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 5

I think it's a matter of personal preference, and if there's a recipe you like and would use.

I do a lot of pound cakes as my wedding cakes. I offer a couple different flavors, but almond pound is my most popular. Though I offer yellow cake as well, most pick the pound because it doesn't have that "birthday cake" feel to it. It goes well with all fillings and icings.

I wouldn't worry about not having it. Are there people requesting it? If so, maybe you can start working on some recipes, and see what you like. Then you can introduce it to your cake list, and if someone wants it you can offer it.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 5

I only do pound cakes. I have many flavors for my customers to choose from, but I love the way that pound cakes taste with buttercream icing. I've never had any complaints to date. My most popular flavors right now are my double chocolate cake and lemon cake. My vanilla is a close second.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%