Anyone Know About Wilton Crystal Clear Cake Stand?

Decorating By wendysue Updated 28 Mar 2013 , 10:17pm by BakingIrene

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 5

Do any of you still use the Wilton crystal clear cake stand? I've just acquired one and don't know much about it. The set includes solid white plates (smooth on top) and the legs are clear, pop into the bottom of each plate. The set is older I think. The box says Crystal Clear Cake Dividers.
If anyone has used this system and has any thoughts on how it compares to the systems Wilton now has available please do share. icon_wink.gif

4 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 5

I love it! Here's a wedding cake I made with it! You don't have to dowl!
LL

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 5

I have the same ones, but my plates are clear. I love love love the fact that you don't have to use the dowels. I think I saw one in the galleries used as a cupcake stand....lots of possibilities.

AronnaSevan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AronnaSevan Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 5

can you use this with square cakes? I was thinking that I could put cardboard under the square cake pieces for support.......

have you tried this? am about to buy it on line, but wanted to get info from someone else first......

ty!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AronnaSevan 

can you use this with square cakes? I was thinking that I could put cardboard under the square cake pieces for support.......

have you tried this? am about to buy it on line, but wanted to get info from someone else first......

ty!

You can have squares of acrylic cut.  You also need some acrylic tube to slice up to fit over the legs.  The legs are sold separately. Glue the slices of tube underneath on the squares where you want the pillars to go.  These tubes are how you make this thing interlock when it has been set up with cake.

I did this and it worked like a charm.  No dowels, no mess, I made mine for a hexagonal cake with 6 legs per tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%