Running Out Of Time& Ready To Wing It!!!!!!!!!rant Long

Decorating By nicksmom Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 12:20pm by LittleLinda

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:18am
post #1 of 6

oh my goodness! I posted before about my whatever bride/wedding cake,and got really good ideas from everyone (thankyou),so I finally came up with my plan for this cake stuck with it and figured out all the detailing and took several notes so I'll have something to look at (when I'm in the middle of making it and frazzled).now after a week or so of planning,I now am seriously second guessing the idea icon_confused.gif my plan serves about 130 and it only needs to serve 90,plus I'm not sure they won't think it's stupid or not a "real weddding(looking)cake". icon_mad.gif here's the planned...3tier stacked round 10,8,6 made to look like round gift boxes w/fondant bow;2tier stacked square 10 insq w/6in sq ontop to look like gift boxes w/ribbon and bows;lastly a 8in 2layer sq by itself made to look like a package.all buttercream with fondant accents.so in other words it would be edible wedding presents.all she wants is cheerful colors,i have no other instructions or limitations icon_mad.gif which makes it hard.so I was thinking for the 2 sq stack teal and white.8 in sq yellow and white and stacked rounds 10in peach,8in mint green,6 in purple w/white accents.OMG I could scream. this looks good in my head, but now I'm thinking I should start from square one again and scratch all that jazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so how stupid does it sound, honestly please.I thought with a request like this,you couldn't go wrong with presents. icon_cry.gif sorry so long

5 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:22am
post #2 of 6

Wow, take a breath. If the bride doesn't care, why should you get all nuts over it? It's rare to have such an easygoing bride, just take it easy and have a good time! Your plan sounds lovely.

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 5:59am
post #3 of 6

Why don't you draw it up, color it in with crayola just to see how it looks on paper, I do this all the time. If you're still worried she won't like it, why don't you show her a copy. Tell her this is an idea of what you're thinking and get her opinion. Then she can either say she loves it or that it isn't what she's looking for and at this point you can say "I need a little better of an idea of what you want"

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:05am
post #4 of 6

wow! thanks for the tip,i love the crayola idea,will do.by the way I just looked at your cake with the sandles and hibiscus(luster dust)and it's beautiful!!!!!My sisters name is sarajane,how funny!!!!!!!!

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 6:10am
post #5 of 6

Nicksmom, thanks for the compliments. That is one of my newest cakes. And Sarah Jane is a great name. I've always liked it, when I was a kid other kids would tease me like it was "old-fashioned" Jane just wasn't cool, but I've always really like it. My Grandmother's name is Emma Jane. Anyway, I hope the drawing out and coloring thing helps you. Some times things seem like a good idea in my head and then once I put it on paper I realize that the colors don't really go or whatever. It's very helpful for me, I'm very visual.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 6

Your plan sounds absolutely adorable! Go with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%