Torte How Many Of You Do It

Decorating By amaniemom Updated 23 May 2005 , 12:39am by Lisa

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 22 May 2005 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 5

I was just wondering if when you make a cake do you usualy torte or not? Is it ok not to torte, or is that the old school? icon_sad.gif
I am to make cake for a group of women for after the meeting so they can have coffee and cake. They told me to make what ever cake I want. It is for 80 people. THose huge pans are to much for me to work with so I decided to make 4 13X9 cake. Then the thought of torting came to mind and I wanted to ask your opnions and what you guys do?

4 replies
montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 22 May 2005 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 5

If they gave you the fredom to do what you want and you don't have time to torte then I think that would be ok. I think that torting some of those larger sheet cakes can be difficult so I usually make 2 layers and then just put filling between that.

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 22 May 2005 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 5

If I torte with store bought pudding can I keep it on the counter or do I have to put it in the fridge?

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 May 2005 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 5

Me too montanakate.. I'd just rather not have to fight with splitting the cake and worrying about it cracking when I try to put it back together icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 May 2005 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaniemom

If I torte with store bought pudding can I keep it on the counter or do I have to put it in the fridge?

Even though the pudding cups don't need to be refrigerated when sealed, I would refrigerate them if I were to use them as a cake filling. Whether I torte or not depends a lot on the number of servings I need and whether or not I want a filling. If I don't need many more servings than one layer would give, I torte and fill. If I need close to twice the number of servings, I bake two cakes and layer. If no filling is requested and a single layer is enough servings, I don't torte.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%