A Note To Chain Store Decorators

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 30 May 2007 , 8:07pm by beadgoblin

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 3

The thought just occurred to me that as we always say "rude" things about chain store cakes, specifically Wal Mart, we may be offending some people that work there. I know that there are some extremely talented decorators that work there and if given the chance, would do things differntly at work. I know the stores won't allow you the time to put your creativity to use and I for one apologize. Outside of the stores I know you do incredible things but these stores just don't allow you the time and can only offer specific things to their customers. We mean no offence to the decorators personally, it's the stores we gripe about.
Just thought an apology was in order to some individuals.
Amy

2 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 3

Well said! I was cake snooping in a Sam's club last autumn and a few of the decorators were standing around the cake case. They were shaking their head in disgust saying how ugly the seasonal plastic decorations were and they hated to have to use them! I felt bad for them.

beadgoblin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beadgoblin Posted 30 May 2007 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 3

I actually interviewed for a job as a cake decorator with a large warehouse store. The people there ARE extremely talented, but the goal where I interviewed was to completely frost and decorate a sheet cake in 10 minutes or less. I wasn't able to do it. I was offered the job anyway, but I was afraid that I would get used to doing quick sloppy work, and didn't want that. (well, that and I would have to work nights!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%