The Monkeys Started To Talk Lol

Decorating By spottydog Updated 25 Jun 2006 , 2:19am by candy177

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 43

Ok had a cake due today. All prepped and ready to go last night. Assembled Cake. Turned out very cute! That would be photo # 1 This morning woke up to a droopy cake. Now it wasn't that bad. Kept thinking to myself that I just didn't have a good feeling.....Well I was right! hours later would be photo #2. I have to say I felt I had already spent WAY too much time with these monkey. By the time a baked a new cake and decorated I swear they started yapping at me. This would be #3. Please get a laugh at this. I sure did!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

For some reason #3 & #1 got mixed up.
LL
LL
LL

42 replies
Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 43

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Oh my that has to be the CUTEST cake I have EVER seen!! I love the monkys!! I love the colors you used also.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 43

What a darling cake! OMG, I LOVE those monkeys! Are they all fondant? or a mix of fondant and gumpaste? Great cake!

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 43

Which one Monica??? The 2nd one??? LOL

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 43

Sams they are all fondant. The humity was my enemy!!!

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 43

Sorry...I couldn't get a laugh at this one icon_cry.gif My heart sank for you!!! But a big pat on the back to you for seeing the humor picking up the pieces and making another beautiful cake!

CakePhun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePhun Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 43

OH so funny!!!!!!!! Wow what a fabulous cake though!! I love it. How did you learn to do those adorable monkeys? Great job... even if it took a bit longer!!hhhhahahah

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 43

Awww thanks Kellie. I had to have houmor to get through the second cake

Monica0271 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:52pm
post #9 of 43

Yea the second one. icon_confused.gif lol icon_lol.gif

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 43

yeah I thought so! icon_smile.gif hee hee

Monica0271 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:54pm
post #11 of 43

icon_lol.gif Thanks for the good laugh!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:07pm
post #12 of 43

NO problem! icon_smile.gif Anytime

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:13pm
post #13 of 43

Those monkeys are adorable! Congrats on pulling off the cake twice!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:14pm
post #14 of 43

those monkeys are soooo cute.

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:25pm
post #15 of 43

Thanx everyone. I also forgot to say thanks to everyone who has a monkey cake posted in the gallery. They were great for inspiration. icon_smile.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:32pm
post #16 of 43

OMG what happened to that second cake - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Really, what happened to that second cake?

OMG, icon_lol.gif after the laughter - Really now, I need to know, what happened to that second cake!

Why did it do that? What kind of fondant do you use? What kind of cake?

OMG - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif way too funny!

MJsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJsmom Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:33pm
post #17 of 43

OH MY GOODNESS- This cake (first and third icon_wink.gif ) are ADORABLE!!! I look through the monkey search results almost every day for ideas for my son's second birthday coming up in August, and your cake is one of my favorites!!! I would like to *try* to make monkeys as cute as yours, but am not sure... Thanks for sharing! To the faves it goes... icon_smile.gif

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:39pm
post #18 of 43

Great save!! The monkeys are adorable!!

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:47pm
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

OMG what happened to that second cake - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Really, what happened to that second cake?

OMG, icon_lol.gif after the laughter - Really now, I need to know, what happened to that second cake!

Why did it do that? What kind of fondant do you use? What kind of cake?

OMG - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif way too funny!

It was a Yellow cake doctored with extra egg & pudding mix. Made cake wed nite. Let set overnight. Thurs night Used buttercream as usual and covered in satin ice fondant. It is SO DAM HUMID here right now I put in fridge for the night. This morning took out of fridge and was only a TINY BIT droopy. Assembled monkeys. Used dowels (i'm A freak with those) ect. Then Like I said I just kept Looking walking away and kept peeking in the kitch like I knew it was coming! Figured I may want to pop more cake in the oven (just in case) ...I THINK I"M gifted now. I see the future icon_lol.gif And the rest is HISTORY. Those dam monkeys just left about 10 min ago! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif BYE BYE LITTLE MONKEYS! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:48pm
post #20 of 43

I am still cracking up at my own thread! It is going into the WORST cake tread real soon! LOL

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 6:50pm
post #21 of 43

That is the CUTEST cake I have seen in a long time!!! Monkeys freak me out, but I would actually love a chance to make a cake like that. I like the final cake very much. Congratulations on seeing the humor and making the cake even cuter the second time around.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Deanna

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:15pm
post #22 of 43

Oh Spottydog, now I understand, it was the fridge then moving it to the humidity. Happened on M. Sousa's (sp) cake on the Wedding on Food Challenge also. It turned jiggley like jello. And yes, into the worst cake thread.

BTW your redo is much, much better, not as heavy of a design. A lot more fun!

And those monkey's - they are Evil little creatures. My Grandma had a stuffed sock monkey named Chi-chi that I swore followed me from room to room when I was little. Nasty creatures. Good thing you kept your eyes on them - imagine what else they could have melted. icon_lol.gif

partsgirl25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
partsgirl25 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:33pm
post #23 of 43

I love your cake. It is the best one i've seen in forever. Just seeing it makes me smile. (I call my baby my little monkey)

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:45pm
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Oh Spottydog, now I understand, it was the fridge then moving it to the humidity. Happened on M. Sousa's (sp) cake on the Wedding on Food Challenge also. It turned jiggley like jello. And yes, into the worst cake thread.

BTW your redo is much, much better, not as heavy of a design. A lot more fun!

And those monkey's - they are Evil little creatures. My Grandma had a stuffed sock monkey named Chi-chi that I swore followed me from room to room when I was little. Nasty creatures. Good thing you kept your eyes on them - imagine what else they could have melted. icon_lol.gif

LOL your cracking me up with the monkey story.....your right!

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:48pm
post #25 of 43

TipTop....Just read your comment on my gallery pic!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Your killin me!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif Too Funny

Monica0271 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 7:57pm
post #26 of 43
Quote:
Quote:

TipTop....Just read your comment on my gallery pic!!! Your killin me!!! Too Funny

That made me laugh so hard I though the monkeys were laughing too!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif My sides hurt..from laughing

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 8:08pm
post #27 of 43

OMG this has to be the most eventful cake I have made yet. Yup I'm laughing right along with them. ..... Thank goodness they are gone now or I wouldn't be able to walk into the kitchen after tiptops desciption of monkey experience!

nickluke0705 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickluke0705 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 11:06pm
post #28 of 43

I laughed at melting monkeys until I read about humidity. In lovely Florida we add heat. So if I have my cakes in a/c right now with buttercream frosting, can I put the fondant on tomorrow and deliver without a meltdown tomorrow evening? Should I bring an extra bucket of fondant just in case? I am not joking here. I will do it.

spottydog Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 11:23pm
post #29 of 43

I acn't give any advise given what happened. I would guess it was the humity. I am thinking the monkees could point us in the right direction. LOL

Here's a bump...some one must have an answer

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 11:28pm
post #30 of 43

umm...spottydog....Im here to say...and Im sure ge will also.....THAT IS NOT A WORSE CAKE for the worst cake thread!!!(despite what tiptop says....she put her teddy graham pool cake...which also DIDNT belong!!)......if you post it in there I will report it as a bad post missy!!!! icon_lol.gif

Those little monkeys dont belong inthere!!! they are too cute!

sorry about the fall....it really was an adorable cake! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%