Mixed Up Anniversary Day

Lounge By Housemouse Updated 23 May 2007 , 12:08pm by Housemouse

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 21 May 2007 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 6

It's our wedding anniversary today and I thought I'd make my DH a cake, nothing elaborate, just trying out a chocolate and walnut recipe I've been looking at for ages.

Only discovered once recipe underway that I've eaten all the bittersweet so have had to improvise with cocoa powder and oil, then found folding in all the extra cocoa powder meant most of the air was knocked out of the mousse. It had the consistency of tar but I stuck it in the oven anyway.
Started tidying up the aftermath in my kitchen and picked up the parchment square that should have gone into the base of the baking pan! So you can guess the next part. It's cooking now.

Phoned my mum to thank her for our anniversary card and she said she was pleased it had reached us in time for tomorrow. Tomorrow????? Quick consult of the calendar and yes, both DH and I have got the date wrong. Wonder if he will realise today. I'm not going to say anything and if he doesn't then I'll surprise him tomorrow morning and I can make him another cake!!

5 replies
milliethemil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milliethemil Posted 21 May 2007 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 6

curious to know if yr husband put 2&2 together

Housemouse Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:05am
post #3 of 6

Thank you for asking - yes he did, I could tell from the grin on his face as he cycled up the path. My cake was a disaster - far from sticking to the tin - once loosened around the edges it dropped out clean, like a brick, so that went in the bin. I am feeling so miserable about everything (not just cake) that I am going back to bed to hide under the duvet.

adding.. and I'm going to change my name as I am feeling anything but glorious at the moment.

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:22am
post #4 of 6

Aww I'm sorry the cake didnt turn out how you would have liked, but happy anniversary nonetheless.

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 22 May 2007 , 10:45am
post #5 of 6

Awww, sorry about the cake! Maybe it didn't turn out b/c it wasn't the right day?

Congrats on your anniversary, as well!

When my parents threw my grandparents their 50th anniversay shindig, they had coffee mugs printed up with their names and the date on it...they had the wrong date printed! Hundreds of mugs - with the wrong date! Couldn't blame the cup people though...my parents had the wrong date written down for 25 years! icon_lol.gif

Housemouse Posted 23 May 2007 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for cheering me up. I laughed out loud when I read your story, Pooker, about the coffee mugs - reminded me of when I had a super8 cinetape of my Mum and Dad's wedding copied onto video as a 25th anniversary present, got the day and year right - just put June instead of July. I should have got this right as for many years my Dad used to say that he and mum got married in July and I was born in August, omitting to say they were a year apart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%