How Do I...put The Stl Cardinals Logo On A 3D Cake??

Decorating By lmevans Updated 21 May 2007 , 5:33pm by cakeislove

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:02am
post #1 of 4

Okay, so I'm doing the grooms cake for my friend/girl I work with. Her fiance is totally obsessed with the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team. So for his grooms cake he wants a round cake decorated to look like a baseball (frosted white, with the red seams) and then the STL logo on it. Well, I was thinking it would look way cooler to do the 3D ball. But, I have never done a 3D cake, dont know the first thing about it. Any advice? How do you cut it? What kind of a stand/plate/platform does it go on? How would I put the STL logo on it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Keep in mind though, that I'm at a beginner level. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Michelle

3 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 4

I recently did an OSU logo on a cake. You can see it in my pictures. I used a piping gel transfer. It couldnt have been more simpler. If you can pipe a line with either #1 or #3 tip and you can make stars, you can do it. You'll need to purchase piping gel and then print out the logo in reverse. Then put a piece of wax paper over the logo (you can see through it) and trace the outline with the piping gel. I forgot to print in reverse and was in a pinch so i laid a second piece of wax paper on top of what I piped, then when I pulled the top piece off I had my reverse image. If you can, avoid that step. Then you just lay the wax paper with the piping gel outline on top of your cake. Then you can fill in the middle with stars and pipe the outline as needed with a solid color.

cakeislove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeislove Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 4

Great suggestion mmgiles! Piping gell transfer is super easy and looks like you did way more work that you actually did. I would go with that. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%