Rice Krispies

Decorating By kimheflin Updated 20 May 2007 , 5:50pm by Kitagrl

kimheflin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimheflin Posted 20 May 2007 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 4

I tried to make a dinosaur out of RC the other day and it just fell apart. I just could not keep it together, it kept pulling apart. I followed the recipe on the marshmallow package. Do I need to adjust it, like adding more RC or marshmallow? I just need to figure out a way to make it more stable...like the ones you buy in the packages. Does anyoe know how to do that? thanks.

Kim

3 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 20 May 2007 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 4

You could try to NOT use the butter/margarine when you are mixing it. This has helped in several cases. Also smash them up a little bit before mixing them. This will help with a smoother outcome, and should pack together a little bit tighter. Hope this works for you? Let us know how it goes. icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 May 2007 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 4

Here's a multi-linked thread on making & using Rice Krispy Treats for modeling:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-2376311-.html

HTH

Please no "save" threads per Jackie (and other members) requests. Thanks for your cooperation.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 4

I noticed that some marshmallow packages require more marshmallows but then the rice krispy packages require more krispies! (of course!)

I found that the recipe on the back of the rice krispy (name brand) box, along with maybe a bit less butter, works great. Also chilling the treats after molding helps alot too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%