Doing My First Fbct

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 4:48pm by cakesbyamym

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 5

This is my first post on this great website. Just wanted to share that I have my very first FBCT in the freezer as we speak. If this one works, I have another cake order for tomorrow that I plan on using this same method on. I have been decorating cakes for 15+ years, but have only recently gone into business for myself. I must say that I love this website, and am already addicted to it, and the information that I'm finding here! Keep sharing and keep those fingers crossed for my transfer to come out good!!!

Amy M

4 replies
SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 5

Congratulations and welcome to CC! I love doing FBCT's too.

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 5

Welcome to CC! I just looked at your website. I think you do a beautiful job on your cakes. I also looked at your price list. WOW! Your prices are so resonable. Is that comparable in your area? I just think you should be charging way more. Just my opinion for your awesome work!!

cakesbyamym Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the welcome to CC and the compliments. As far as being price competitive, I really have no other competition other than the grocery stores, which are actually a little lower than my prices. I'm trying to stay in the game price-wise, and hopefully, word of mouth will continue to spread, and I'll get more and more orders. I try to offer 3D, gumpaste, fondant and other option that I know that the grocery stores don't carry.

cakesbyamym Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the welcome to CC and the compliments. As far as being price competitive, I really have no other competition other than the grocery stores, which are actually a little lower than my prices. I'm trying to stay in the game price-wise, and hopefully, word of mouth will continue to spread, and I'll get more and more orders. I try to offer 3D, gumpaste, fondant and other option that I know that the grocery stores don't carry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%