Do You Do Cakes And Cookies?

Baking By 1234me Updated 23 May 2007 , 2:23am by MichelleM77

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 22 May 2007 , 2:22pm
post #31 of 35

I currently bake as a hobby because I can't afford to get legal and start a business....but I like doing both cakes and cookies. Not sure which is my favorite....probably whatever I'm working on at the moment icon_smile.gif I've been doing cakes longer so I feel more comfortable with them. Still practicing and experimenting with cookies. For the longest time I was really into cookie bouquets, but I just tried my first cupcake bouquets and think I probably have a new addiction. When I try a technique I usually like to try over and over until I get pretty good at it...going to have some work with the cupcakes icon_smile.gif. Jodie

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:36pm
post #32 of 35

I bake both. Here in Mexico the cake lady usually sells the little cookies that you put in the tables at the weddings (bizcochitos) so I started the cookies at the same time i started on cakes. But now we have added the cookie bouquets and party favors and cookie lollipos which are so much fun to do and are getting popular here.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:41pm
post #33 of 35

I'm fairly new to all of it- but have quickly become busy with all kinds of things- cakes, cookies, chocolate dipped confections....so much fun!

maladymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maladymay Posted 22 May 2007 , 8:03pm
post #34 of 35

I do cakes, cupcakes & cookies... But ONLY sugar cookies. For some reason, I can not make a chocolate chip cookie to save my life! icon_redface.gif
I really love doing both, and while I'd love to work with cakes MORE than I do, I seem to have orders for cookies every week! I barely have time to do cakes at all anymore! icon_eek.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 May 2007 , 2:23am
post #35 of 35

Darn it. Just got a huge order for graduation cookies and mom wants to know if I do cakes too. Not yet, I told her. She was disappointed, would have been a one-stop-shop for her. I told her to keep checking my website and hopefully in the next year. Oh well, can't win them all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%