Need Idea For A 2Nd Grade Teacher's Birthday Cake Please

Decorating By creativecakesbychristine Updated 23 May 2005 , 4:56am by debsuewoo

creativecakesbychristine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecakesbychristine Posted 20 May 2005 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 13

I'd like to make my daughter's teacher a Birthday cake, her birthday is the last day of school and I was going to make a cake for the class for the last day anyway. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

C

12 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 20 May 2005 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 13

you could make an apple. lol i think it would be really cute. you could even have a worm coming out of it. Or you could do a sheet cake and decorate it as a report card. Have her name on it so it would be her report card. Instead of normal subjects you could have a grade for patience and understanding and caring. I think that would be cute. or you could make it look like a piece of notbook paper and write sentences like I will not play in class or soemthing. I dont know hope this helps.

Susan

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 13

I like Susan's idea to make a sheet cake that looks like a piece of paper and then write messages on it. You can use different colors and make it look like children wrote it. Maybe even pipe a stickfigure and a big sun. You could also add a crayon candle to it. I've seen a cake like this in the gallery but can't find it now.

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 13

You could also do a chalkboard with fondant chalk and eraser. You could then write "I will not..." fill in the blank. Just a thought.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 13

I think the one you're referring to lisa is on this page; however when I try to pull it up, it won't let me... could just be from my end though... not sure...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search

ntertayneme Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 13

When I tried the link I just post, it says something about a critical error... this could be from my end... it was done by cakesbysam though... I went into the photo galleries, clicked on search, typed in teacher and it came up ... hope this helps!

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 13

I found a picture of the chalkboard idea...there are also a few other cute ones like a school bus and a box of crayons. You can find them here...

http://parents.com/slideshows/B2SGoodies.jsp

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 May 2005 , 6:58pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

I think the one you're referring to lisa is on this page; however when I try to pull it up, it won't let me... could just be from my end though... not sure...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search

Thanks so much for finding it. The gallery search feature has a glitch. I looked under her photos though and was able to get to it.

http://cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/cakesbysam/Teacher.jpg

ntertayneme Posted 20 May 2005 , 7:07pm
post #9 of 13

You're very welcome icon_smile.gif

naekramer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naekramer Posted 20 May 2005 , 7:19pm
post #10 of 13

I went into the galleries page, clicked on the search button, typed in "teacher" and found some cakes that you could possibly modify for a birthday cake for the teacher. Maybe you could find one there that you like! GOOD LUCK!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 20 May 2005 , 7:55pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misska21

I found a picture of the chalkboard idea...there are also a few other cute ones like a school bus and a box of crayons. You can find them here...

http://parents.com/slideshows/B2SGoodies.jsp

I LOVE THE BOX OF CRAYONS AND THE CHALKBOARD IDEA. THEY ARE BOTH GREAT. ALSO THE NOTEBOOK PAPER IS GOOD, TOO. THEY ALL ARE WONDERFUL IDEAS. GOOD LUCK WITH WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.

creativecakesbychristine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecakesbychristine Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:40am
post #12 of 13

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! I think I'm going to go with a modified chalk board. I was having a problem searching the pictures earlier, I'll have to give it a try again later. Thanks again!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 23 May 2005 , 4:56am
post #13 of 13

You know, my daughter is in the second grade this year, and I have a cute idea about what you can do.... this year the kids learned regrouping in math, you might try a regrouping theme... find the age, draw bars of ten squares and then for the last decade and odd years, draw random squares.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%