Buttercream Transfer Question?

Decorating By motherof2princesses Updated 19 May 2007 , 6:11am by motherof2princesses

motherof2princesses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2princesses Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:23am
post #1 of 9

The method says to use wax paper but I don't have any. So I used saran wrap. What I want to know is if it will peel off it when I put on the cake? Or will I have an problem?

8 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:04am
post #2 of 9

Im gonna give you a bump because I have only used the wax paper, I don't know if you should of used saran wrap or not sorry icon_sad.gif

Hope someone answers your ?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #3 of 9

Do you have any parchment paper? You can use it as well. I haven't tried plastic wrap, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. To test it put some icing on it, freeze it and then see if it will peel off. icon_smile.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:50am
post #4 of 9

I haven't used saran wrap, but I remember other people saying they had used it and it was fine. The only issue is getting the saran to not have ANY wrinkles/crumples in it, so it has to be taut when applied. IF you find you have wrinkles in the end, wait for it to come to room temperature and wait for it to crust, and then either LIGHTLY do the viva towel method or better yet, use the foam roller method to smooth it out. I use the roller to work out worming and air bubbles.

It should peel off fine unless you have a major fold in the saran wrap where it will catch and pull up a section of frosting...

Good luck!
Melissa

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:54am
post #5 of 9

i tried parchment paper last night and couldn't get the transfer to peel off. i had to send dh out to get me some waxed paper because i need a yankees fbct for tomorrow.

let us know how the saran wrap works, though. i'd be interested to know.

arikara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arikara Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:55am
post #6 of 9

I've used saran wrap and it has come off without a problem. icon_smile.gif Not as easy as wax paper, but no major problems with it!

Good luck!

motherof2princesses Posted 19 May 2007 , 3:41am
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone! This is the first time I do this and I didn't realise it needed wax/parchment paper. I was actually able to tape the saran wrap really tight so as far as I know there aren't any wrinkles.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:00am
post #8 of 9

I always use wax paper but would use parchment if I needed too. I have heard that if using parchment paper that you should grease (crisco) it firat and then do the transfer. I have not try this method yet, though! GOOD LUCK!!

motherof2princesses Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:11am
post #9 of 9

I just put it on the cake and it did great! A couple of minor creases around the edges but nothing major icon_wink.gif It's for my parents comany function so I'm not to worried about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%