Please Put Keywords On Your Cakes In The Gallery!

Decorating By SHenyd Updated 19 Jun 2006 , 8:52pm by KimAZ

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 7

I try to search by keyword first to find a cake in the gallery, but everyone doesn't put keywords in when they add one of their cakes. Then I have to scroll through every page in the gallery by theme to see all of the cakes without keywords. The Children's Cake Gallery has 205 pages and I am just on page 42. I even have a fast computer, so heaven help the poor soul who still has a dial up modem. So, PLEASE add some keywords to help everyone out!

6 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 7

I may be a culprit... icon_redface.gif I know when I first uploaded pics, I had no clue. And even now, I have no idea half the time what would be a key word--especially for very plain or specific cakes. I will try--Promise! icon_smile.gif

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 7

I'm starting to wonder how well they work, I just typed in Barbie and saw that my wine bottle cake and cigar cakes are in that section......

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 7

That's so funny. I think it searches words from the description, too. So every word you typed gets searched. I try very hard to come with at least 3 words, but it can be hard.

Angie

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 7

I know exactly what you mean. Someone stumbled across my lamb cake but did not find it by putting in the word "lamb" although that is in my key words. She found it by typing in "fence" which is a word in my description! I agree it can be a challenge sometimes to find what you are looking for.

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, I've notices that some weird things come up when I do a search. I just figured that the keywords were the culprite. I'm on page 51 now. Still plugging along. icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 7

Oh I couldn't agree more! PLEASE put those key words. I too have searched long and hard for particular cakes I really liked and wanted to to view again only to be so dissapointed not to be able to find it no matter how hard I tried. And going through literally hundreds of pages of pictures just isn't going to happen.

Like people posted above, sometimes the key word brings up cakes that have nothing to do with the word you entered but usually it does work just fine. Even if it's just " Elmo" or "car" or " purse" or for the fancy designs, something like " swags", "cornelli" or "bows". That would help a ton!!
Thanks!!
KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%