Graduation Cake, Hollywood Theme

Decorating By icelady Updated 19 Jun 2006 , 7:16pm by icelady

icelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icelady Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 1:32am
post #1 of 4

I need to do a Graduation cake for 80 people for dessert. Their theme is Hollywood/Red Carpet. The colours they are using are Blue, Green, Silver and touches of Red. Any Suggestions?

3 replies
mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 4:48am
post #2 of 4

When you said hollywood, I had two ideas...

a. a tiered cake, that has metallic blue, green and silver stars coming out of it, and on it. and maybe on the side of the top tier...it says "and the diploma goes too..." and then the persons name on the side of the bottom tier. And then the topper could be a silver statuette with a cap/tassle (graduate) or just a silver graduation cap w/tassle

b. a full sheet cake covered with fondant confetti or stars (in appropriate colors), with an open envelope with a page sticking out that says Congratulations Name! and on the envelope it says Class of 2006

Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 5:51am
post #3 of 4

Are you close to the grad? I think it would be cool to have her put her handprints into the crusted frosting on a sheet cake and them have her sign her autograph with a scewer or toothpick. Maybe put a pair of fancy sunglasses and a champagne glass (Maybe with sparkling jello in it!) next to the signature.

I love the "And the diploma goes to...." saying!!!

This is a fun theme to do for a party!

icelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icelady Posted 19 Jun 2006 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 4

The cake is for 80 people (the whole graduating class) and will be served at their graduation dinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%