Easy Fondant Flowers??

Decorating By wowjanine Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 8:45pm by wowjanine

wowjanine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wowjanine Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 7

How do i make the fondant flowers shown in this cake, they look easy, hopefully it would be easy for someone to explain??[/img]

ps i'm not a forum whiz either so hopefully you can see the pic...
LL

6 replies
DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 7

I've never made fondant flowers like that, but they look like ribbon flowers. Maybe you just take a "ribbon" of fondant and wrap it and kind of fold it some to get the effect. I'm sure somebody here can tell you how they are done.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 7

I hope this comes across in some sort of understandible fashion, but I can explain a little.

Cut out a length of fondant, say, start with about 6" long, and maybe 1.5 to 2" wide. Fold in half the long way, so you still have a long skinny rectangle or strip.

And roll it up! The folded edge is the outter edge of the flower. Pinch together at the base and form it into the shape you want.

I've seen them called rolled roses, fabric roses, fantasy roses...

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 7

I took a class with Colette Peters where she showed us how to make them so here goes. Cut a strip of fondant. Kinda fold a little bit of one of the longer sides over. You don't have to do this step if you want a sharp edge but it you want the rolled edge like in the pic you must do this. Starting at one end of the strip, start rolling and then with the other hand kind of pleat the bottom or pinch it as you start rolling. I hope this helps. It is kinda hard to describe without being able to see it at the same time. Maybe someone else can better describe this method for ya...Good luck!!!

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 7

I have made these for several cakes...SOOOOO easy! Cut a strip of fondant, fold over and roll, pinching as you go and that is it!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 19 May 2007 , 8:26am
post #6 of 7

I was watching DUFF marathon lastnight and he showed a bunch of "Brownies" how he makes easy fondant roses. I was amazed at how easy it was to do. I thought, if these littlew girls can do it than I know I can too, LOL.

1. Using a round cookie cutter, he cut out 3 circles of fondant (all the same size).
2. Then he laid them one on top of the other but not completely covering each other. They were just laying on the end, sort of on each other. HOPE THIS PART MAKES SINCE!
3. Then he just rolled them up and viola, you have a rose. I thought it was cool and i'll have to try it today myself. HOPE THIS HELPED!! GOOD LUCK!!!

wowjanine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wowjanine Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all so much for your help!! I cant wait to try these out on a cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%