Liquid Creamer In Buttercream

Baking By keonicakes Updated 20 May 2007 , 6:16am by JanH

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 14

Just wanted to know if I used liquid coffee mate in place of the water in buttercream icing, would it need to be refrigerated? Have not tried this before and am not sure if it would even taste good.
I"m making choc. cake with rasberry filling and buttercream frosting with the white choc. & rasberry coffee creamer. How does that sound? Nothing like experimenting on a cake that's for a customer, huh? icon_lol.gif
Thanks,
Amy

13 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 14

Using the liquid Coffee Mate will work very well in place of water for your frosting. I don't think it would need to be refrigerated. I make my frosting with 1/2 & 1/2 and they do quite well. The sugar acts as a preservative, not an indefinite one, though. icon_smile.gif

Although I don't like raspberries, I think any one who does would love this combination. Go for it.

Michele

Angellcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angellcakes Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 14

I actually used the white chocolate raspberry in a buttercream I made yesterday. I did a basketweave with the bc. It went to the park today for playgroup. It was outside for about 2 hours at 75 degrees and seemed to hold up really well. I did refridgerate it last night though. I don't know if that helps at all.

BTW, the icing was amazing! I used the creamer in a white cake mix, too. Wonderful!! I am baking a white cake with the blueberry cobbler right now! I can't wait to try it!

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 14

I didn't even know they made such coffee creamers!!! You've got me wanting to make a cake tonight!

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 14

I think the combo sounds yummy!!!!!!! I may have to borrow this idea and try it for myself!!! I haven't seen the choc/rasberry creamer...but I will start looking.
I have tried the creamer substitution in cake and it has worked all but one time....I think the icing would be great!!!

THanks!

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 14

Funny...I just saw the choc rasberry creamer at Target and was thinking I would use it in a chocolate cake with rasberry filling I'm making for my mom's birthday next week...she loves choc/rasberry together....now I will have to add a little into my frosting as well!!! Thanks for the great idea!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 14

I mad the armaretto with chocolate cake. The customers loved it. Now have a repeat customer.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 14

Using milk or cream in b/c doesn't always mean you have to refrigerate the frosting.

Here's a safe storage chart for fillings & frostings:
(From Sarah Phillips of baking911.com.)

And here's a recipe for cream cheese frosting that doesn't require refrigeration:

(Also from Sarah Phillips of baking911.com.)

Adding creamer to cake & frosting threads:

Scrath Cake Recipes:
(And a couple of frosting recipes.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-159851.html

Cake Mix and Frosting suggestions:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-285473-.html

HTH

Edited to remove broken links.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #9 of 14

International Delight has white choc/rasberry in refrigerator section
Nestle Coffee mate has a new coconut creme. This one sounds yummy! Just too bad I CAN'T STAND anything in my coffee. icon_lol.gif
Yep, there are alot of new flavors now.
I made a marble cake and put choc. / rasberry in the vanilla part and I sampled the batter. It was GOOD! Hubby even liked it.

Sugarflowers Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:34pm
post #10 of 14

The coconut creme sounds great for cake and frosting! Thanks for the info on a new flavor.

Michele

farmwife99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmwife99 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #11 of 14

Okay, I haven't made alot of cakes so please don't laugh, but do you put the creamer in place of the water in the cake or do you just add some? Please forgive my ignorance, but it does sound like a great idea.

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:36am
post #12 of 14

I bought some of the Creme Brulee creamer yesterday at Target and used it with my white cake recipe. Yummy! I paired it with a caramel buttercream and the combination is out of this world!

Sugarflowers Posted 20 May 2007 , 3:26am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmwife99

Okay, I haven't made alot of cakes so please don't laugh, but do you put the creamer in place of the water in the cake or do you just add some? Please forgive my ignorance, but it does sound like a great idea.

You replace the liquid with the creamer in the same amounts.

HTH

Michele

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%