Help...need Information On Grants

Business By PatricesPieces Updated 24 Jun 2006 , 3:21am by PatricesPieces

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 6:41am
post #1 of 5

Im having trouble finding where to go for grants. Everything online seems to want a fee for the information. Anyone have any suggestions?? I live in Florida. Thanks!!

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 5

Generally, grants are not available for small cake decorating business. Anyone who offers one is probably some sort of scam.

The best you can do is a loan from the Small Business Administration or programs that offer loans to women in small business.

Check you phone directory for a SCORE office (retired executives) They might be able to help, and their service is free.

PatricesPieces Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 10:24am
post #3 of 5

Thank you JoAnn....I appreciate the advise. I will look into it.

blueeyedclownfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueeyedclownfish Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 5

Copied and pasted from the following website:

http://www.womensbusinessgrants.com/

Womens-Finance.com is proud to present our Womens Financial Fund! The fund is a non-profit private foundation which gives business grants to women who wish to start a business, or grow a business they have already begun.

Women's Business Grants - Women's Financial Fund
Why are we giving business grants to women?

The need for grants for women is well known. Women own over 9 million businesses yet they receive the least amount of financing from traditional sources such as banks and venture capital firms. Women traditionally own smaller types of businesses that dont need financial assistance of $250,000 or more, and so financing options are limited.

Business grants are hard to come by however. Most businesses are created with loans which rely on good credit histories and collateral that women may have a hard time supplying. Women often choose to max out their credit cards or borrow from family members in order to start a business, which may make their own finances uncomfortable.

Womens-Finance.com wants to give women a chance to fulfill their dreams, as well as help them create businesses that will give more women a chance to obtain employment security in family friendly companies, without owing money to some financial institution. The Women's Financial Fund was created as a non-profit entity to give these grants to women.

I don't know how legit this is. There is a $15 fee. I would research this organization and see if it's worth your time. Who knows.... It could be a hidden gem. Let me know if you have any success.

Best of luck,

Pam

PatricesPieces Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 3:21am
post #5 of 5

Thank you Pam. I will definitely take a look and let everyone know what I find out. $15 is not that much to invest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%