Atlanta Ga Bakers

Business By welder Updated 17 Jun 2006 , 6:13pm by CakesBySandy

welder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
welder Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 12

I'm will be in the Atlanta area Thursday - Saturday, is there a place to buy cake supplies. I will be on 75 going North. There is no where to buy where I'm from and I like to take advantage if I'm traveling.

11 replies
2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 1:00am
post #2 of 12

I am new to the cake decorating world but I know that off of I285 (Memorial Drive) there is a place called Cake Art. I live south of the city so not familiar yet with all of the cake supply places on that side.

Hope this helps

gtshort Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gtshort Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:07am
post #3 of 12

That's the only one I know of too. If you were coming up 75, when you get to 285, go east, cross over 20, and a few exits after that (now going north) will be Memorial Dr. Take a right off the exit, and it's 1.5 miles down on the left. Their website is www.cakeart77.com if you want to look at a map.

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:13am
post #4 of 12

Of course, we have plentiful Michaels and Hobby Lobbies...I've been to 2 specialty cake decorating shops. One is International Sugar Arts which is off Jimmy Carter (off I-85), and the other is called Sugar Kneads which is in Loganville. We live in Gwinnett County, northeast of Atlanta, and one is about as easy as the other to get to. Both have great supplies, but are very different in "feel." If you need more info, let me know and I'll try to provide it. Good luck, and enjoy Atlanta! PAT

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:15am
post #5 of 12

IF YOU DON'T MINDME ASKING WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM?

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:21am
post #6 of 12

INternational Sugar Arts and Jimmy Carter and 85 is awesome. It is operated by Nicholas Lodge. Check out his website at WWW.NicholasLodge.com. He has some really wonderful display cakes! Across the street is a hotdog place called the Varsity. It's good for a quick lunch, too. May I reccomend the onion rings. icon_smile.gif

I think CakeARt in Stone Mountain has a store in Marrietta too. Y'all locals correct me if I am wrong.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:56am
post #7 of 12

I finally got to the Cake Art store in Stone Mountain and I swear, when I walked in, I heard the angels sing! icon_lol.gif

kos

(I'm south ATL airport by 13 miles)

welder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
welder Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:01am
post #8 of 12

Thanks for the address. I will be coming from Tifton GA. I have been to the Varsity a lot of times - I think I will try to find Nicholas!

shebaben Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 7:10pm
post #9 of 12

OK, I've not heard of the CakeART store in Stone Mountain...is it
really that great?? Could you steer me to it? I'm in Dacula, near Hamilton Mill. Thanks - I'll bet it would be worth the trip. what sort of hours do they keep? Thanks - PAT

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 7:34pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaben

OK, I've not heard of the CakeART store in Stone Mountain...is it
really that great?? Could you steer me to it? I'm in Dacula, near Hamilton Mill. Thanks - I'll bet it would be worth the trip. what sort of hours do they keep? Thanks - PAT

It's the only cake supply place I have visited and I thought it was terrific. It's in a Publix strip mall I believe. They have a "map-it" on their website. http://www.cakeartpartystore.com/store/default.asp?idAffiliate=

Enjoy!

kos

shebaben Posted 17 Jun 2006 , 1:30am
post #11 of 12

Thanks, Kos - now I've just spent most of the last hour on their website icon_wink.gif It really does look like they have just about everything! It will be a little trip to get down there (curses - have to drive on 285! icon_evil.gif ) but I'll have to go see it. Thanks again! PAT

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 17 Jun 2006 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 12

Well if you make it to CakeArt then Nicholas Lodge is not far from there maybe 15 or 20 minutes away. I think CakeArt is the best source for supplies but for ideas check out Nicholas Lodge's gallery and they are most helpful when it come to sharing how they created their awesome cakes. CakeArt also has a fabulous selecton of cake books, too. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%