Wilton Fondant Petition Please Sign!!!!!

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 3:22am by gscout73

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:18pm
post #31 of 106

The petition might help but the only real way for us to get Wilton to make a change in their fondant taste is for NOBODY to buy it!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:18pm
post #32 of 106

Seriously I would vote that it tastes aweful......but I just don't use it for retail cakes only dummies.You can find just as good deals on the other brands that taste a whole lot better. I guess my theory is if you as a consumer don't like it buy your product elsewhere I guess. Then they'll get the hint. Don't get me wrong I perfer the texture of it just not the taste.Just my opinion.

Ali24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali24 Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:22pm
post #33 of 106

So I'm taking the Course 4 class right now from Wilton. I asked the instructor if I had to use wiltons. I wanted to bring MMF with me. She said I should not use MMF and that I needed to buy the Wilton brand. I responded so I need to practice with something that I will never use again or ever eat. She looked at me like I was a crazy and wanted to know where to get the MMF recipe. LOL I'm still going to bring MMF. Do they look that different? I'll just put the MMF in a couple ziplock bags and she'll never know. SSSHHHHHHHHHHHh

Yetts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yetts Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:24pm
post #34 of 106

I signed it. I hope it works I would love to use it more on my decorated cakes. thumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:32pm
post #35 of 106

I signed it, and made DH signed it also icon_smile.gif hope they get it!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:32pm
post #36 of 106

signed..

emmettsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmettsmom Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:35pm
post #37 of 106

I have tried numerous times and every time it asks for my donation. There in nothing in the upper left of any page where I can decline a donation. Sorry I tried!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 15 May 2007 , 8:06pm
post #38 of 106

Emmettsmom hun you've signed it evidently. There isn't an option to deny, BUT there is an option/click button to submit the donation. On that donation page it will say right above the donation part that your signature has been posted to the petition.

I can't believe how great you guys are! Everyone signing this petition that CakesbyMonica started up for us is just great! As of 4:05 pm we have a total of 219 signatures. We're doing great we just need to keep this thread alive so more people can see it! icon_smile.gif

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:04pm
post #39 of 106

Signed it!
So did my husband! icon_wink.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 16 May 2007 , 12:57am
post #40 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderfrog

I signed too. Hey it couldn't hurt to try! thumbs_up.gif

HEY WHAT THE HECK CAN IT HURT TO TRY GUYS, SO DO IT TRY!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGoodies Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:02am
post #41 of 106

Come on gang!!! I know we have more then 226 people in CC alone!!! We only have that many signatures!!! We need some more!!! Tell all your friends here at CC if they haven't signed they need to sign!!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:17am
post #42 of 106

Signed!! Even if they change it I won't buy it - but I hate the fact that their terrible fondant has given fondant such a bad name!!

2sdae Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:35am
post #43 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

Signed!! Even if they change it I won't buy it - but I hate the fact that their terrible fondant has given fondant such a bad name!!

Same here, but it would help the newbies or people who have no access to other fondant if it tasted better. Not to mention letting them know the general pop <cake population that is> has a grievance with a product of theirs.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:58am
post #44 of 106

Can we petition Crisco about the change too it's nasty now? icon_surprised.gif Too many air bubbles, I changed to high ratio and it's the bomb!! thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:59am
post #45 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

Can we petition Crisco about the change too it's nasty now? icon_surprised.gif Too many air bubbles, I changed to high ratio and it's the bomb!! thumbs_up.gif

Probably wouldn't work since their whole theory behind changing their formulas was public health .

staceyd1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyd1984 Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:00am
post #46 of 106

i signed.....

where do you see how many people have signed so far?

OhMyGoodies Posted 16 May 2007 , 12:07pm
post #47 of 106

At the top of the page tip top left corner it says "petition text, signatures, email friends" just click on signatures icon_smile.gif

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:47pm
post #48 of 106

244... anyone else voting?

OhMyGoodies Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:21pm
post #49 of 106

So far we only have 246 signatures!! Come on everyone!!! PLEASE SIGN THIS for all those beginners out there and those who will be beginning soon and for those of us who do not have access to any other brand/kind of fondant in our areas as well as those of us who don't have the means to make MMF at our homes. PLEASE THINK OF THE LITTLE PEOPLE icon_wink.gif

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:45pm
post #50 of 106

Why doesn't everyone just email Wilton with your comments and suggestions??? I was in their store the other day and they told me email them with my suggestions. It can't hurt....

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:50pm
post #51 of 106

I signed - took about 10 seconds to do and no money! icon_smile.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:16am
post #52 of 106

I signed it!

OhMyGoodies Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:47pm
post #53 of 106

Emailing them hasn't worked. A number of members/bakers/cakers have emailed and gotten no response or they've gotten halfa$$ed responses about how they will look into the matter or whatever. I think about all those times when someone knocks on my door asking me to sign a petition to get the gov. to change this or that or do this or that etc.... mass signatures speak MUCH louder then an inbox full of 100's of emails that will probably just be skimmed and deleted.... At least this way they will see that there are alot of people unhappy with one of there products and hopefully make Mr./Mrs./Joe Shmoe Wilton change things a little...

I myself do not have a KA mixer so it's nearly impossible for me to make MMF. The ONLY fondant readily available in my area is Wilton's. Everyone that orders from me loves that smooth perfect look of fondant but refuses to have it on their cake because of how nasty it tastes and "why pay all that money for the fondant work if I have to sit there and pick it off just to eat it?" So it'd be a really good thing if they changed it....

So far we have 256 signatures! Here is the link again for those who are catching this thread at the middle. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiltons_fondant_tastes_nasty/index.html

And thank you to all who have signed it thus far! And thanks in advance to all who will sign it to help us TRY to make a difference icon_smile.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:55pm
post #54 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

bless your heart for trying - but I think Wilton KNOWS it is an issue and really doesn't care. They aren't trying to compete with Satin Ice and the rest. Their market is the home based baker who does occasional stuff, not nut jobs like us who are obsessed with perfection.

THAT WAS AN UNNECESSARY COMMENT AND RUDE!!!!

woodyfam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodyfam Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:05pm
post #55 of 106

How do you sign it without paying?

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:12pm
post #56 of 106

I guess people don't listen, but if you've already signed it, DO NOT sign it again!

Why?

Because that'll make the petition's credibility- none!

ESPECIALLY when I see the same thing posted twice, by the exact same "Anonymous".

259   Anonymous  Just tried two new brands today and boy do they taste better!
260   Anonymous  Just tried two new brands today and boy do they taste better!

I'm sure they're going to think that's two completely different signatures. . . icon_rolleyes.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:19pm
post #57 of 106

I signed but was sure to "unclick" the ok to send me more stuff. I wasn't sure if it would count if it was anonymous... I just used my site name. Does have my e-mail address though... Hope I don't get a bunch of cr tapedshut.gif!

OhMyGoodies Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:20pm
post #58 of 106

I highly doubt they will actually read all of the remarks anyone has written, I'm hoping after the first page of remarks they will just see the total amount of signatures and be done with it....

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:26pm
post #59 of 106

The anonymous is only for public view, the creator of the petition can see your name. It's only so that you don't have to have your name on the internet. Please, if you want this to be credible, sign it once or at least change what you say, and use your real name.

You don't have to pay.

A recent poster, who says she went to the Wilton HQ says that Wilton knows their product tastes bad and feels the texture is more important than the taste. (How come other companies can accomplish both?) The "advice" they give is to roll your fondant to the width of a nickel and the buttercream should overpower the fondant's bad taste. What kind of logic is that?

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:30pm
post #60 of 106

I signed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%