Wilton Fondant Petition Please Sign!!!!!

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 3:22am by gscout73

Barbend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbend Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #61 of 106

I signed it!! I also have e-mailed Wilton about their fondant in the past. Surprisingly I did not recieve a response. I hope that if enough people continue complaining that they will feel obligated to change their formula. If people stop buying it, they would be forced to change it or stop making it.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:42pm
post #62 of 106

Signed it!

As others have said, just IGNORE the donations page, your signature has been recorded. You don't have to click "next" - just close the window or type in a new URL.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:50pm
post #63 of 106

I signed but I hope I don't get tons of junk emails because of it. I also won't hold my breath that Wilton will change anything but what the heck, can't hurt.................unless my email box is full of junk mail.

somerset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
somerset Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:06pm
post #64 of 106

Sorry Guys, icon_redface.gif

I really did want to give my 3 cents worth and sign that petition.
I couln't because of the donation part, It's not that serious to me to give them my personal info icon_confused.gif

Here's my 3 cents worth if someone can get through without having to pay
fill free to sign me up.

PM me if you have to have my email address.

textTo whom it may concern,

Come on you guys, give us a break

I'm signing this petition because I would like to see Wilton or who ever makes the stuff. Change their fondant formula from one that taste so horrible, too one that has a good essence of flavor. Me myself I've only purchased it once and that was enough for me. Rather than too waste the money I spent on it , I let my kids use it like play dough clay . Now don't get me wrong at least it was good for something. (Good for something else other than human consumption). I think Wilton or who ever makes the stuff should take their fondant off the cake isle and put it in the pottery section.text

maggie_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggie_14 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:37pm
post #65 of 106

Signed and did not donated any money.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:38pm
post #66 of 106

Somerset, I reviewed the signature list and you're on there. Thanks!

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:39pm
post #67 of 106

Hey Yall,
FYI, my Wilton instructor went to a Wilton training thingy in Houston, Tx. just a while ago and was informed by the higher up's at Wilton that they are in the process of changing the Wilton Fondant recipe now. I guess these things take time but it is in process according to folks at Wilton...so, let's hope for the best!!! thanks...Linda thumbs_up.gif

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #68 of 106

I signed the petition. Frankly, I'm surpised anyone buys the stuff. I can understand Wilton students purchasing it for classes but after they've tasted it and gotten horrid reviews from family members eating their practice cakes, I wonder how Wilton makes enough profit to keep it in the product lines.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:45pm
post #69 of 106

Well that's a great thing to hear I just have bad luck with big companies promising stuff and never coming thru with it. I haven't even worked with fondant yet because one it's a waste of my money if my neighbors dog won't even eat it and 2 I haven't had to as of yet because all of my customers hate the taste lol.

I don't have a KA so I'm affraid to make MMF in my brand new not even out of the box yet Cook's mixer lol... So I'm hoping they will come thru and change the taste.

I know from watching "Unwrapped" on FoodTV that coming up with new flavors for things can be very time consuming and can take a long time but that's because they are coming up with very complex flavors for things like Ben & Jerry's ice cream lol... I think adding some kind of flavoring to the fondant should be sufficiant...

That brings me to a question... is it possible to add flavoring ourselves? I've read in forums before that you can dye it by kneeding it and so forth can't you add flavoring the same way?? Or has no one ever thought of that? lol

Thanks to all who have signed thus far and thanks for those who will sign afterwards.

I want to add a bit on the spam mail worries. I signed 2 days ago and used my personal/business email address and have NOT gotten a single junk mail that I don't normally get.

aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:00am
post #70 of 106

How do you know that if you don't donate, they don't count your signature? I get very leery of these websites. There are a lot of scams out there.

I totally agree with joining forces to make a change. I bet if we all write to Wilton directly, they'll listen. They may not change things right away, but at least they'll have to hear what we have to say and explain why they make the fondant the way they do.

I bet it has to do with "money".

Alex

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:07am
post #71 of 106

I signed! (AND NO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DONATE)

I don't think the beginning baker should be turned off to fondant forever b/c they use that Wilton stuff. And it's really hard to get a customer to try GOOD fondant when you've "poisoned" their minds w/ the thought that the Wilton stuff is fondant.... it's just modeling sugar or something - but it tastes like crap. Structurally, I think it's good.

You can add melted chocolate to it (the candy melts), or you can add extracts like vanilla or almond - that'll help if it's truly the only thing you can get. I've just come to the realization that even though there's a cake store near me and a Michael's, they either don't carry any of the good stuff, or they carry it but they're all out. So I order everything online. It sucks, and it's really awful if you forgot something or have to do something last minute - but hey - thank God for the Internet! At least I have access to a place I can order fondant from.

I use Satin ice right now. icon_smile.gif I still think it smells like play-doh, but it tastes pretty good and is fairly easy to work with. I could never get MMF to work right - it was too thin or too stretchy or wouldn't hold up when I tried to model with it - I'm impressed by all of you who can do amazing things with it!

OhMyGoodies Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:11pm
post #72 of 106

aoliveira hun if you return to the petition page and click where it says View Signatures at the top left corner you can go see if your name was put on there.

Again a simple reminder to everyone who is going to be signing... once you click submit it WILL take you to a page that asks for a donation, BUT it does say above that "YOUR SIGNATURE HAS BEEN RECORDED" so you do NOT have to donate to sign icon_smile.gif

293 signatures thus far!! Come on people! Let's get signing!!! icon_wink.gifhttp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiltons_fondant_tastes_nasty/index.html

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:20pm
post #73 of 106

Come on people! A lot of those signatures are repeats! If you belong to any other cake boards, post the link & instructions (I.E. You do NOT have to donate) on those boards as well!!!

We've got plenty of people here! Wilton is the only brand available nationwide at Michael's/ Hobby Lobby/ etc. We as consumers are helping them if they change the taste - their prices will skyrocket....

hmm maybe we should all purchase some Wilton stock if they decide to change the fondant......

Amy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy83 Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #74 of 106

Signatures Total: 295 =)

I signed.

OhMyGoodies Posted 18 May 2007 , 11:55pm
post #75 of 106

WooHoo!!! Yall are great!!! 302 signatures as of 7:54 PM!!! Keep up the great work CC'ers!!!

mom_of_4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of_4girls Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:10am
post #76 of 106

I signed.

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:13am
post #77 of 106

OhMyGoodies
What are you doing using the word Yall? Are you a southerner?
I signed it too

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:16am
post #78 of 106

I wrote to Wilton last year on this very subject - and it didn't cost me a dime! All we have to do is go to their website, to their contact page, and send them an e-mail. I did get the usual response, "we will give it to our marketing peopel"......but at least I felt like I was being heard. I won't even pay the $2 to sign this petition......who the heck is getting this money? And since when do you pay to sign a petition. Good idea, but you won't get the response you want because it is a paid service

deb

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:21am
post #79 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

.... I won't even pay the $2 to sign this petition......

What $2? I didnt' pay $2 when I signed it. icon_confused.gif

mom_of_4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of_4girls Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:27am
post #80 of 106

I did not have to donate any money to sign.

smcintosh2801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smcintosh2801 Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:27am
post #81 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Someone here at CC, I'm sorry I don't remember who, created a great little petition for all of us here at CC to sign. It's main reason for being is to get Wilton Industries to change the taste of thier Fondant. We are such a large community here at CC and if we can accomplish anything it's getting 2000 signitures on this petition!!! There is an option to send to your friends and family to have them sign it as well so I say get everyone together that you know hates the taste of fondant and have them sign away!!! icon_wink.gif I signed it yesterday morning and NO ONE has signed it since I did... we need to get this out there and keep it active in the forums so come on people!!! SIGN SIGN SIGN!!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiltons_fondant_tastes_nasty/index.html

Thank you in advance everyone!!! icon_smile.gif

Edited to add: THIS PETITION IS FREE TO SIGN.
"We promote democracy on the Internet by helping people and organizations create online petitions like the one you just signed. We provide these services for free and rely on donations from people like you to keep the site running. Please consider donating to support us. Every donation, no matter how small, helps. Please note: Your donation will help keep iPetitions running. This is NOT a donation to the person or organization whose petition you just signed."

To stop all the confustion regarding the petition "fee" donation, why don't you create a petition on petitiononline.com There is no confusing donation inquiry after signing the petition. I think alot of people are backing off from signing the petition after seeing this message. Petitiononline.com is also the same online petition that was signed by 4600 people to request Paris Hilton be sent to jail
I honestly think you'd get more signatures. Everyone I sent it to emailed back and said they were charging and backed off.

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:33am
post #82 of 106

I signed!!

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:55am
post #83 of 106

After you put your name in, it flips you to a page that automatically checks the $10 box, but you have option to go down to two. I received an e-mail saying my signature was on even thought I did not click all the way thru once I realized they wanted to charge (thru paypal). So far nothing has shown up on my paypal account.

smcintosh2801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smcintosh2801 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:19am
post #84 of 106

Yeah, I signed too with no problem... but I have a feeling alot of people who don't see this thread will deter against signing it because of the message at the end. I have had to manually email 6 people that I sent it to , to explain that it won't charge. 4 of them are skeptical still ....

OhMyGoodies Posted 19 May 2007 , 10:48pm
post #85 of 106

I am not a southerner lol but I am about as country as it gets for our area lol.

Also no you do NOT have to pay a cent! to sign this petition. Everyone I've had sign it hasn't paid anything and none of them even have a paypal account. I used the same email address asigned to my paypal account to sign the petition and it didn't charge me anything. Your signature is put on after you click sign or continue or what ever the button is, and then yes it does take you to a donation page but you do NOT have to click the donation button to continue you just close the window or navigate away from it.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 20 May 2007 , 12:21am
post #86 of 106

Not bad 332 as of 8:20 p.m. on Saturday May 19, but it can be better. Keep them coming guys and gals.

Vic

OhMyGoodies Posted 20 May 2007 , 2:27pm
post #87 of 106

340 Signatures as of 10:27 AM Sunday!!! Let's keep em comin yall! icon_wink.gif

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 21 May 2007 , 12:30am
post #88 of 106

I signed and I did not have to pay. When I finished signing a thing came up saying you have signed the petition but it was also associated with a paypal thing saying I owed $10, but I closed it and shecked. It was signed by me

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 5:42pm
post #89 of 106

Ok, can I make a point here. I think it's great what your doing. I haven't actually tasted this fondant, but I haven't heard one good thing about it. I have to disprove the theory that Wilton is doing badly because of their fondant sales. If that was the case, it would probably change. But we don't work for Wilton for the sales department, so we can't say they're doing badly. Take this scenario for example. Have any of you heard of the show Bake, Decoate, Celebrate? I haven't actually seen it yet (it's not coming on till the 30th), but on their website (and I'm sure the show too) they say to use Wilton pre packaged fondant. Put yourselves in the shoes of an amatuer home baker. You see this wonderful cake on TV. And all you have to do to make it is go buy this box of stuff, roll it out, and put it on your cake. Easy, right? You have no clue it tastes bad. You don't think of looking it up online. You just drive on down to your Michael's or AC Moore or Jo Ann and buy a box. You go home and bake the cake only to find out that it tastes horrible. You never buy it again. Now let's think. I don't know the ratings on this show, but say there are 1,000,000 home cooks watching that don't know about the taste of Wilton fondant. They each go out to the store to buy a $10 box of fondant. Do the math-
1,000,000 people X $10=
$10,000,000!!!!!!!
It doesn't matter if that's not all going into the pocket's of people at Wilton, that's still a lot of money! And many of those projects call for people to buy multiple boxes of fondant to make decoations! That's why I think Wilton doesn't care about changing the flavor of their fondant. They're still obviously making money!

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:13pm
post #90 of 106

Anyone agree?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%