Cream Cheese Icing !!!!!!!!

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 13 Jun 2006 , 6:21pm by Molly2

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. And they want it decorated. How hard is this going to be with cream cheese icing??? I had thought of doing a FBCT of a tractor. Will this hold?

9 replies
subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 10

I have never decorated (as far as flowers etc) with cream cheese icing, but I think there is a crusting cream cheese icing recipe in the recipes that they say is good to decorate with. Hope this helps., at least it will bump you back up, so you may get help from someone that knows for sure.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 10

I've done it many times just make sure you keep your frosting cold and when I colored mine I used powdered color if your making your own frosting I would add a little more powdered sugar for stiffness.

Molly2

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 10

Why don't you ice it and do the borders in cream cheese, but decorate w/ butercream? That's what I do... The cream cheese is less stable, and a little more "gooey" to decorate with. Haven't tried the crusting cream cheese... ?

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 10

HI alicia,

I used this recipe on a cake a while back and it worked great for decorating as well... It's consistant like BC but cream cheese.... It is delicious as well! I used it on a carrot cake...

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2047-Crusting-Cream-Cheese-Icing.html

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 10

cream cheese icing gets soft, as said before you will have to keep it chilled also when i was surfing the net the other day i found a cream cheese icing w/meringue powder--i didn't keep it i just thought a would try to add some to my recipe the next time--HTH

Molly2 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 10

Helendelk

I used one kinda like this the only problem I had with it is the taste icon_cry.gif I could taste the shortening in it is the taste good?

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 10

I made a carrot cake for some friends for Memorial Day.

I used a BC icing as a base and added cream cheese it was wonderful, the icing was really smooth and a little fluffy.

I made the icing that I was going to ice the entire cake with, with less powdered sugar, so it would stay fluffy.

Added more to do the borders and flowers it worked out well, I would surely do it again.

Hope that helps.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

Helendelk

I used one kinda like this the only problem I had with it is the taste icon_cry.gif I could taste the shortening in it is the taste good?

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

I didnt taste the shortening and there were over 50 people eating the cake and noone ever commentedabout anything like that, only said how great it was... So no problems.. I also made the cream cheese icingbut thinned it down for filling for my tooth cake in gallery and it did just fine... I had it refridgerated until I delivered it but they had it sitting out on table and it was still good.. No-one got sick or anything .lol I would highly reccomend but to each its on I suppose..

Molly2 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 6:21pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the tip I'm going to try this. thumbs_up.gif when I make cake with cream cheese frosting I keep the cake in the refridgerater until time for delivery and then it will sit out and I've never had any problem with it.

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%