What Size Tiered

Decorating By tdun Updated 15 May 2007 , 2:28am by leily

tdun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdun Posted 14 May 2007 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 7

I need to feed 150 to 200 people for a anniversary wedding cake and how tiers and what size tiers would work the best.

6 replies
Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 14 May 2007 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 7

Look in the wilton yearbook. That's where I usually find the amounts of cakes to make.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 14 May 2007 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 7

I have always heard that the Wilton servings are never enough. There was a topic at sometime on this site that listed the suggested serving sizes and amounts. You might want to do a search here and see if it comes up.... I will also look for you and get back if I find it!!!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 14 May 2007 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 7

go under the article tab at top and scroll down. THere is serving suggestions for 2 inch pans and 3 inch pans. This should get you the amount of cake you need. I printed off and it has worked for me everytime.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 14 May 2007 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 7

Mcdonald, thank you so much for the location of that serving size info! I was on here searching and searching through the forums for that the other day and was about to die from reading through all that other stuff. And there it is simple and sweet! thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 May 2007 , 12:53am
post #6 of 7

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/cakedata.cfm

This is the Wilton serving chart, which is what I go by when I set my pricing. It's the industry standard wedding cake size. If they want to cut it bigger, they are more than welcome. If that means they need more cake, then they can order more cake and pay for it.

Just because their family is used to eating 4x6" pieces of cake, doesn't mean I have to eat the cost.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:28am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/cakedata.cfm

This is the Wilton serving chart, which is what I go by when I set my pricing. It's the industry standard wedding cake size. If they want to cut it bigger, they are more than welcome. If that means they need more cake, then they can order more cake and pay for it.

Just because their family is used to eating 4x6" pieces of cake, doesn't mean I have to eat the cost.

Ditto. And just for reference Wilton's servings are very close to 1"x2"x4" for double layers and 2"x2"x2" for single layers.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%